Bug Resource charge/upload bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

specials

Customer
Hello,

The first bug:

There is a bug when the charge code used in the description of the Resource.

Steps to check:
1) Create a Resource (just check created id)
2) Add [CHARGE=20]hidden content[/CHARGE]
3) Post a message on any thread as another "user_one"
4) Buy hidden content within that resource description as "user_one"
5) See that the charge amount is awarded to the user who has the post id same as the resource id. However, charged credits should be awarded to resource creators not post owners...

Basically, this BB charging code doesn't work when used in the description inside of resource.

----

The second bug is:

1) Add award for Xenforo Resource Upload
2) Create a Resource and add an external download URL
3) Xenforo Resource Upload fired but because resources don't contain any attachments it doesn't award any coins.

Thanks!

The second bug is:

1) Add award for Xenforo Resource Upload
2) Create a Resource and add an external download URL
3) Xenforo Resource Upload fired but because resources don't contain any attachments it doesn't award any coins.
This is not a bug, it only works with downloads, not external URLs.

---
I'll post back when I have more info on the other issue.

This is not a bug, it only works with downloads, not external URLs.
Got it. Maybe there is a chance that if attachments are none then this is probably external URLs and process it as well?

I can understand then this isn't an actual Upload but then this addon missing the Resource Creation event which is crucial.

The actual problem is that when the resource is updated everything works even for external URLs...however for actual creation no processed events...

I'll post back when I have more info on the other issue.
I have double-checked it indeed.

Charge code inside resource description fires a "content" event which tries to award credit by looking for post id, so let's say we're at resource with id 14 and award goes to the owner of post id is equal to 14.

I will wait for your response patiently, just gave a little bit more information.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future release (5.7.3).

Change log:
Fix: Using the CHARGE BBCode on non-post content will now work as intended

Hello,

I have just tried the new version.

I can say that the charging works almost correctly except that the award goes nowhere now at all.

Basically, the amount is charged but the amount isn't going to the owner of the resource at all (previously charged amount was transferred to the post owner id).

Also, not sure if it works inside the description of the updated resource, does charged amount transferred to the person who added the update or the owner of the resource (when used teams feature in XRFM).

Can't check because the award goes nowhere...

Thanks!

The Resource Update content type does not currently support being able to figure out the user, since there is no "User" relation on the ResourceUpdate entity.

There might be the possibility for a better system in the future, but for now, having the funds go to the person who posted the resource update (or the resource owner) is not supported.

Well, basically now it's broken even on simple posts as well.

Charged amount doesn't go to the post owner as addition.

It simply now subtracts the same amount to the post owner.

I can't express my feelings.

Last edited:
Hello @specials,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @specials,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating