Bug Product news threads not updated if option selected after product creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nulumia

Customer
So it appears that if the option in a product category is selected to "Create news thread in forum.." (regardless of New Thread or Reply), any product created prior to this option being enabled with not have threads posted or any place to put them. On my test site, only products created after switching this option have new threads posted.

I tried doing Tools -> Rebuild Threads, Forums, DBTech Categories, and DBTech Products, and none of them worked to generate threads.

Is there any way to do this retroactively?

Edit: missed you online by 40min :cry:

Last edited:
This is currently working as intended. The option is designed to only look for new products (or the first download of a digital product).

You can manually edit the discussion_id column (I think, on mobile) in the xf_dbtech_ecommerce_product table to add existing threads.

This is currently working as intended. The option is designed to only look for new products (or the first download of a digital product).

You can manually edit the discussion_id column (I think, on mobile) in the xf_dbtech_ecommerce_product table to add existing threads.
Easy enough, I'll mod the table rather than recreating the products.

Do you think it's possible to eventually add a rebuild/tools entry for this?

No, as the threads won’t contain the necessary information so it is completely impossible to detect which threads would belong to which product.

Sorry one more comment,
Is it possible to trigger the Create News Thread when copying a product too?

Edit: Actually it's no longer posting any news threads, checking to see if I made a setting that caused it to be bugged.

Last edited:
Bear in mind that for digital products, it'll only post a new thread when the first download is added.

In other words, the copied product won't have any downloads and as such no thread would be posted.

Hello @Nulumia,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating