Pre-Purchase Questions

DC23

Customer
Hello,

I have the following pre-purchase questions for vBulletin 4.x.x.

1. I'm looking to implement a bad word filter which only applies to unregistered users. Does this mod take care of that? The intention is for unregistered users will see **** for every bad word but upon registration he/she will no longer be restricted from seeing the bad word.

2. Do you have a mod here or can recommend where to find one for the "like" (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry) under each post? Is this modification for that feature?

3. My forum receives a lot of bot registrations. We have manual admin approval + user validation but it's such a time consuming process to manually approve. Is there a captcha or other security measure we can implement (and thus remove manual admin approval) that would help cut down on bot/spam registrations?

4.Is there a mod or way to make all links (whether it's a post, status update, signature, or Website address listed in the user profile) no-follow?

Thanks. Look forward to making some purchases upon clarification.

1. I'm looking to implement a bad word filter which only applies to unregistered users. Does this mod take care of that?
Sadly not, we don't have anything that only applies censor to guests. Censoring is done when the post is inserted, not when it's displayed.

2. Do you have a mod here or can recommend where to find one for the "like" (Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry) under each post? Is this modification for that feature?
Indeed that mod can be used to create buttons like that :)

3. My forum receives a lot of bot registrations. We have manual admin approval + user validation but it's such a time consuming process to manually approve. Is there a captcha or other security measure we can implement (and thus remove manual admin approval) that would help cut down on bot/spam registrations?
Human Verification manager settings in vBulletin will help with that :)

4.Is there a mod or way to make all links (whether it's a post, status update, signature, or Website address listed in the user profile) no-follow?
Our DragonByte SEO mod does do some nofollow'ing but it may be a bit heavy if that's all you're looking to achieve.

@Fillip H. , so for #2, that modification can function like the "like" button on this forum? ie when you roll your mouse over it the 5 reaction choices pop-up?

Oh, no it doesn't do that. The buttons are laid out separately in the post footer (where the Quote links etc are), if you choose to integrate it there.

Back