Question PHP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have just been upgrading my test site in anticipation of doing my live site... I appreciate that my current version of the thank you system is way out of date, and suspect it may be the reason...

I will say I do not get this error in my live v4.2.2 site :)

On the test site now running 4.2.3 I notice the error log appeared in the forum directory and each line is identical...

[02-Apr-2017 18:19:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method THANKS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/vwaf/public_html/testvb/forum/dbtech/thanks/hooks/global_start.php on line 14

Any idea what is causing this error?

Stuart

This has been resolved in newer versions, v2.0.2 is no longer supported.

To be honest I don't know, your best bet would be to update the modification to the latest version though.

Think that may be the best option, as I say it does not show the error with 4.2.2 of vBulletin only 4.2.3 :(

How easy is it to upgrade to the latest version?

Think that may be the best option, as I say it does not show the error with 4.2.2 of vBulletin only 4.2.3 :(

How easy is it to upgrade to the latest version?
It's pretty easy, you just upload the new files and import the new XML file with overwrite on - if there's any other upgrade steps, there's .txt files in the download with instructions :)

Hi

Am I going mad... I have just downloaded the latest version..

Looking at the upload files I presume I copy the contents of each folder to the server in the relavent folder.. but I now have one called vbsocial which I do not currently have :( do I just upload this to the forum root in the same place as all the other folders?

I have read the readme files,and notice most mention vBactivity which I do not have so I presume I ignore this?

Seems a lot has changed since 2.0.2 and 3.6.3 Lol

Bit of a novice at these things :)

STuart

Last edited:
Also, just looking at the edit in post.php..

I presume it goes between

// Deal with the case that quote was the only content of the post
if (trim($page_text) == '')
{
$page_text = $this->get_field('pagetext');
$strip_quotes = false;
}

**Paste in here**

return htmlspecialchars_uni(fetch_censored_text(
trim(fetch_trimmed_title(strip_bbcode($page_text, $strip_quotes, false, false), $length))));
}

Sorry... I have now uploaded everything including the folder I had missing in my version...

But the test site does not look right..

These all seen to be zero

Image 3.JPG

Do I need to do anything? Do i need to recalculate after upgrading

I have rebuilt statistics and recalculated but still seem wrong

I still need to do the template edit :)

Stuart

Last edited:
Think I may have answered the statistics issue.. .. Just checked in PHPMyAdmin at the tables for DB Statistics for my account.. and they seem to match.. plus I think the test site is about the same age as me joining your forum, 2011 ... so it could be right :) I Hope

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

All the others seem to be a lot of zeros, so I suspect that I tested installation of the thank you system then move to the live site.. prior to that I use the post/thank you hack from Abe.. HOPE that I do not cause issues and wrong figures on my live site when I upgrade :(

Does upgrading effect the statistics or are these just stored in the database ?

Last edited:
Hi

Am I going mad... I have just downloaded the latest version..

Looking at the upload files I presume I copy the contents of each folder to the server in the relavent folder.. but I now have one called vbsocial which I do not currently have :( do I just upload this to the forum root in the same place as all the other folders?
You should drag and drop the contents of the upload folder to your forum root folder, the FTP server will work out where each file goes :)

Think I may have answered the statistics issue.. .. Just checked in PHPMyAdmin at the tables for DB Statistics for my account.. and they seem to match.. plus I think the test site is about the same age as me joining your forum, 2011 ... so it could be right :) I Hope

View attachment 7137
View attachment 7138

All the others seem to be a lot of zeros, so I suspect that I tested installation of the thank you system then move to the live site.. prior to that I use the post/thank you hack from Abe.. HOPE that I do not cause issues and wrong figures on my live site when I upgrade :(

Does upgrading effect the statistics or are these just stored in the database ?
If you need to import from Abe's Thank You Hack, the instructions can be found in the readme_import.txt file.

To rebuild statistics, go to the AdminCP and expand the DBTech - Thanks menu, then click Maintenance and run the relevant actions there.

I did not know it would do that. ..lol.. I just copied everything individual. ....

Was I correct in were to paste the template modification?

I did read that I can now import from Abe... that may be useful.... ☺

Appreciate your help

Last edited:
All sorted on my test forum and running well, icl the template edit :)

Sorry a couple of questions...

Just looking at the abe importer... do I upload to the ADMINCP directory on the server?

1. Upload all files from the "upload" folder to your forums directory.

2. Go to [your admin dir]/thanksimport.php

3. Pick your import method

Plus.. can I make it look like you have her... the symbols for the buttons with a number next or is this a custom version :)

Stuart

Last edited:
All sorted on my test forum and running well, icl the template edit :)

Sorry a couple of questions...

Just looking at the abe importer... do I upload to the ADMINCP directory on the server?
Like I said before, drag and drop the contents of the upload folder to your forum folder, that applies to everything :)

Plus.. can I make it look like you have her... the symbols for the buttons with a number next or is this a custom version :)
You can do this via the options, if you use the "Integrate Action Buttons" as well as the "Disable Action Button Text" settings.

Hi...

Thank you for all the help :)

When I do the above I see the screen below...

Capture.JPG

As you can see it looks different, I do not see the count numbers next to each button, plus I have the "post thanks/like" text which I do not seem to be able to hide from the settings...

If I enable "show click count" that shows next to that text

Capture2.JPG

What I wanted was it to look like this..

Capture1.JPG

Sorry for all the questions :)

Stuart

Unfortunately that's not currently possible without custom template edits, your best bet would be to ask your skin developer about that :)

I had a feeling that may be the case, pity the skin developer seems to have disappeared :) maybe time to update that as well now Lol..

Really appreciate all your help with this, looks good now, just need to move to the live site :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back