Legacy Open graph "description" tag issues for threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I noticed that on thread pages the open graph description is the default forum description, but the standard meta tag description on these same pages is the correct thread description.

For some reason I was pretty sure the open graph description on threads was correct at some point. I believe for a default vbulletin installation it was always broken, but I thought DBSEO fixed this at some point. CMS article descriptions look good (match each other).

Also, there is still not an open graph title tag for any pages, CMS or threads (another vb issue). They should just mimic the standard title tag on each page.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll change this to a Feature Request as I don't recall ever doing anything to specifically support Facebook Open Graph descriptions, and once I add the Title support I'll sort out Description as well :)

Update: The og:description was related to the changes made when we allowed custom thread descriptions. I've added workarounds for that, and I'm also adding the og:title functionality for tonight's release :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back