Legacy Multiple Banners doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
Hi there,
please I need an urgent help.
Before of everything is good that you just open my site to see the "under navbar" banners.

I'm seeing that the plugin show multiple banners one for each line.
Instead using the plugin inside Vb, without to use the DBT Ads plugin, the system put all the ads one near the other and not one for each row.

So now that a new user buy an advertisement by your plugin, the system show the banner in an other row
and now I have checked that if some other user will buy another ads in the same place, the plugin will show it in another row.
And this is a disaster.

So with a little change of the code is it possible to teach the plugin to do the same that do the vb plugin, to manage multiple banners on the same place.

This is really good because will give the opportunity to sell more spaces in the same place.

So will be good if the plugin consider each ads attached (with a little empty space between) to the others (for the same advertisement place)
and not one for each line.

Then inside the plugin must be possible to set "How many banners we want reserve for that place"
For Example I can set the plugin the under the navbar it can show maximum 20 banners.
If others people continue to buy that place go in queue or in rotation.

All the ads in all the place must be centred to the forum and not on the left that are also really ugly.
In this way the big banners like 728x90 will be automatically shown one for each row
and the small ones will be shown side by side

permitting us to sell little spaces at prices more competitive then the big one and maybe sell more.

To understand better what I mean you can look to my site and see the way I have setted the plugin.

See also the alone banner in the second row just bought,
it is alone, all on the left.
And I hope no other people buy another banner because if no succeeded a caos.

So please I ask you the favour if you could fix this issue soon.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Let me see if I understand you correctly; if you add multiple banner spaces to the same ad location, each banner is shown on a separate line, and that's behaviour you want changed?

Yes exactly.
For example, I'm selling multiple banner spaces in the same location, under the Navbar (banners 125x125) and not only one.
So if two different person buy a banner 125x125 to the same location, the plugin show the banners one for each line,
but would be good that the DBAds plugin show all banners placed side by side, for the same location,
letting the admin decide how many banners maximum can be shown for each location.

Also each ads location, is good if show the banner/s centred.

Last edited:
Yes Fillip, for me is the same. I only hope it can be resolved soon, because I had to block the plugin waiting a fix to manage it in this way.
I wrote like this (bug) because the plguin of Vb put them side by side, but in the end in this way will be a new feature for the plugin, that with some code modifications, will let the plugin work also in this other way, really much better and more flexible for the admin and for the buyers.
So I really hope to hear some good notice from you soon.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'll post in this topic if and when we decide to implement this feature request :)

If you think in the end is very simple, because the plugin just allow multiple banners,
so must be said to the plugin that don't must put the banners 1 for each line, but side by side
and centre all the banners that are in that location/module.

Is not simple?

It's not simple to re-design the CSS / HTML for the insertion of the advertisements, and unfortunately I cannot provide a time frame for when this can be completed, as I am very busy with other projects at the moment.

Sorry :(

I really hope you will not forget this, because in this way the plugin can work only with the big banners and this is more restrictive for a forum.
The native advertisement plugin of vb just put the banners one near an other (like I ask) so that it's not possible to copy that part of CSS from the native Vb plugin? :(

Pleas Fillip I really need it.

In this way also the plugin will be more better, because will be more flexible for all use.
In this way we can use only banners 728x90. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back