Question Just a quick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade King

Customer
Its been a several years since I tried VBshout, I uninstalled it due to load issues however I thought I'd give it another shot and must say its come a long way.

One thing that several of my users has asked, is there an option that limits new post/thread notifications to the notification tab? I like being able to see new posts and threads come up in real time however any shouts get lost in the main box. If this is or could be added that would be great.

The other question is why is a link supplied with new posts/threads for admins and mods but not regular users? is that another setting I can adjust?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

One thing that several of my users has asked, is there an option that limits new post/thread notifications to the notification tab? I like being able to see new posts and threads come up in real time however any shouts get lost in the main box. If this is or could be added that would be great.
You can un-tick the "Shoutbox Notices" boxes, I believe that will continue to generate entries in the separate tab. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

The other question is why is a link supplied with new posts/threads for admins and mods but not regular users? is that another setting I can adjust?
BBCode Permissions in the Instance Management interface :)

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately unticking Threads and Posts under the "Shoutbox Notices " setting disables notifications in both the main Shoutbox and the Notifications tab :(

BBcode worked a treat though.

Ah, I believe then the solution will be to untick the Notifications box from the UserCP -> Shoutbox Settings. That should only affect the main SB area.

Hello Arcade King,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings