Bug Item owner receives my IP in his history

Status
Not open for further replies.

madness85

Customer
For some reason on my test site when i change an item from Unique item on/off the item owner has my IP in his history. I've just tested again, this time i only changed the item price and it added my IP. This has also happened when purchasing the item.

This is a fresh xenforo install and there are no other addons installed.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future release (6.4.6).

Change log:
Fix: Creating or editing an item will now associate the IP address log with the visitor, not the assigned owner

@Fillip H. My live site is using version DragonByte Shop 6.2.3 and users that successfully steal from other users its assigning them the users IP.

I'm not ready for xenforo 2.2 just yet could you please provide a hotfix for this version?

@Fillip H.

DragonByte Shop 6.4.5 When creating an item in the shop its assigning my IP to the item owner & can you check purchasing items.

To replicate item purchase IP issue you need to create a new category and item in that category.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to look into this further until now.

I've made a change to v6.2.3 that disables IP logging by default for all purchases. Let me know if that resolves it.

Sorry, I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to look into this further until now.

I've made a change to v6.2.3 that disables IP logging by default for all purchases. Let me know if that resolves it.
NP and thanks for getting back to me

It was upon a successful steal it was adding the users IP to v6.2.3, its still doing so.

6.4.5 has problems in a few places, creating an item in the shop and purchasing items.

Seems all my steal transaction logs has the user and recipient as the same user.

User should be the person they stole from and recipient the user getting the credits.

User
test2
Recipient
test2
Date
Thursday at 10:27 PM
Action
Steal Attempt (Successful)
Transaction info
Lost
4,066 Credits

Update: The issue should now be resolved, I disabled IP logging from the AdminCP. Logging is still in effect in the front-end, since the front-end does not override the "visitor" object with the item owner.

Update: The issue should now be resolved, I disabled IP logging from the AdminCP. Logging is still in effect in the front-end, since the front-end does not override the "visitor" object with the item owner.
It seems to be fine now. I do have a question about the log, this is one successful steal attempt.

1.png
2.png3.png

Should it be listed twice like that for one successful attempt? I'm sure it was just one, user test, recipient admin.

Yes, because one is for the person who lost the credits and the other is for the one who gained them. This is intended.

Yes, because one is for the person who lost the credits and the other is for the one who gained them. This is intended.
OK thanks for all your work. Will the latest release be coded the same? . I can't stress enough how much of a mess it made mixing users IPs :(

Last edited:
I'll release an update to the XF2.2 version once I'm confident there are no outstanding issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings