Legacy Installation service for Thanks/Like Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Silver

Customer
Hello,

I 've purchased this mod + branding free.

Currently forum is running Post Thank You hack . I need :-

1) Advanced Post Thanks/Like installation service.
2) Migrate all existing data from old Thank You mod into this new mod, and to be note to ensure millions thanks bug that effected on some users is fix upon migrating into new mod.

I'm going to ask you first coz i'm afraid you're going to charge additional fee on this that would require me to send another payment again after making a payment for an installation service - $29.95

Thanks.

Dainiel.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please make sure your account is either listed in the Super Administrators config.php flag or use your superadmin account to grant your administrator the "Can Administer Thanks" permission.

I'm currently using the one and only superadmin account userid=5448 and can't find "Can Administer Thanks" in the permission in page, and i found error on top of the permission page

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4154"

Tried login using CariGold username and still can't find it in Admin CP. So weird how come it did appear on your machine.

What should i do then?

I don't know, I uploaded the files to all 3 of your servers when I uploaded the product in the first place.

You need to get in contact with your technician and have him explain it. My guess is it's something to do with your weird "3 servers but no automatic file replication" setup.

Ok, i did found the file correctly in server 202.71.110.111.

I did not find the file in server 202.71.110.107

It means some files is not correctly uploaded into 107 server. Could you check it and maybe reupload?

My guess is it's something to do with your weird "3 servers but no automatic file replication" setup.

Yes sorry for that, i think it is time to ask tech to do some research to auto-sync files if he doesn't know how to do it. I'll take this incident as a note.

You're right everything files was in place. I have contacted server tech and let him fix it.

So far i have tested the plugin has worked. I will enable only Like/Unlike feature until you complete migrating data & uninstall Abe Thanks plugin.

Anyway what do you think about the migrating progress? Do we expect it will be all done by today or maybe the next day? If still can't make it till tomorrow would it be possible if you not to run db execution between 2am - 2pm (your time @ -8GMT) ?

The migration has completed, the old thanks mod has not been uninstalled as you should not do that until you are sure all the data has ported over successfully.

Feel free to disable the old thanks mod from the product manager :)

Just curious so far you have done migrating correctly right, why should i need to check again to ensure data has successfully ported?

Can you help me disable the old plugin coz sometimes im a bit panic if disabling plugin (that related to table post) would takes a longer time for page to load. Thanks.

I don't know, I uploaded the files to all 3 of your servers when I uploaded the product in the first place.

You need to get in contact with your technician and have him explain it. My guess is it's something to do with your weird "3 servers but no automatic file replication" setup.

Both 107 + 111 PHP servers fixed. Just to share the issue caused of old libraries conflicting with new SQL version. After libraries updated, issue solved immediately.

Just curious so far you have done migrating correctly right, why should i need to check again to ensure data has successfully ported?
Because I can run automated importer scripts and watch over them to make sure they don't produce errors, manually alter post tables via SSH to avoid timeouts, but I can't manually verify several million entries.

The way you'd check whether the data has ported successfully would be to look at some very popular posts that you know have a lot of thanks, and see if the amount of thanks seems correct. If it does, the data has probably ported over successfully.

It's standard practice to have the customer double-check that things are working correctly post-install, since it is after all your site and I don't know the specific use cases for your site :)

Can you help me disable the old plugin coz sometimes im a bit panic if disabling plugin (that related to table post) would takes a longer time for page to load. Thanks.
Disabling the plugin does not modify the post table, I disabled it for you :)

Thanks very much!

Should we go over next assignment as emailed you yesterday? Please provide price so i could make a payment . Thanks.

Hi Fillip

I was wondering one think about the past installation.

eg: If one userid has 1000 thanks made from Abe plugin, now has moved to Dbtech plugin and getting another 500 thanks recently under new mod.

So the userid now has 1500k thanks ih the stats. Anyway i could only see detail thanks in specific threads for the 500 here member.php?u=[userid]&tab=thanks, but what about the thanks details of 1000k that has bring forward from Abe? I can't see it ...

The profile tab by default only shows the past 30 days, and it's strongly recommended to not change this as it will murder performance.

Hello John Silver,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Implemented.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back