Legacy Installation service for Thanks/Like Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Silver

Customer
Hello,

I 've purchased this mod + branding free.

Currently forum is running Post Thank You hack . I need :-

1) Advanced Post Thanks/Like installation service.
2) Migrate all existing data from old Thank You mod into this new mod, and to be note to ensure millions thanks bug that effected on some users is fix upon migrating into new mod.

I'm going to ask you first coz i'm afraid you're going to charge additional fee on this that would require me to send another payment again after making a payment for an installation service - $29.95

Thanks.

Dainiel.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Dainiel,

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "million thanks bug"? Is it a statistical error where some users are showing up as having received a very large amount of thanks, like 2.4 billion or something?

Hi Dainiel,

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "million thanks bug"? Is it a statistical error where some users are showing up as having received a very large amount of thanks, like 2.4 billion or something?

Yes Fillip, that's correct. If you need list of users it hard for me to find one unless i'll try to get it from table post instead.

No problem, there won't be any such errors in our product, and the installation service will cover importing from Abe's Post Thank You Hack :)

Noted, thanks.

I've just made a payment via Paypal.

One thing you should note is last time i've done installed Abe plugin by manually add value in table post via ssh coz table post had more than 20M of posts. It will take ages to do in browser and getting timeout error. Also will cause the forum freeze for a very long time.

What i would suggest is :-

1) Provide me SQL command to BACK UP value in table post related to abe plugin. I will execute them myself.
2) After that provide me SQL command to add new value in table post for new plugin.
3) After that provide me SQL command to restore OLD BACKUP of #1
4) After that provide me SQL command to drop old value of Abe plugin.

I'm logged in to your MySQL server via SSH and I'm running the commands to add the APTL columns to the thread and post tables. There's no need to back up the Abe's Post Thank You Hack values as the importer will not modify them in any way.

I did indeed, also the slave would be in read-only mode wouldn't it? So any ALTER TABLE queries wouldn't run on the slave :)

There's a problem with the installation. Your version of MySQL is too old, support for MySQL 5.0 ended sometime in 2009. The minimum version of MySQL for APTL to work correctly is 5.1.

Would it be possible for you to upgrade your MySQL version to a newer version?

He will start upgrade process to MySQL 5.1 right away and if anything goes right, he will finish it in 1.5 hours from now

I would recommend upgrading to a newer version of MySQL like 5.6 if you are going to go through the upgrade, as that is the most current version of MySQL.

Regardless, let me know when it's all done and I'll try the installation again :)

He afraid getting some errors if going to upgrade to the current latest. I'm also not sure if there any existing plugins could be triggered errors if we proceed to do that

I personally can't think of a reason why old plugins would stop working, but just upgrading to 5.1 should be fine :)

Hi Fillip

Any updates? Saw you still working on it while the forum was inaccessible for more than 3 hours till now. Hope everything goes smooth.

I had to leave it overnight. You should now go to the Manage Buttons page in the AdminCP under DBTech - Post Thanks and set the per-button user group permissions for all your user groups.

Seriously i can't find "DBTech - Post Thanks" in AdminCP.

Only found "DBTech - Advanced Post Thanks /LIke - General Options" but can't find "Manage Buttons" as well.

Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back