Pending Insert into post for product attachments

Nulumia

Customer
Didn't know if there's reason it's not there, so just wondering if we could have the insert into post (Thumbnail or Full) options for product attachments like elsewhere on Xenforo.

Personally I would find this useful as it would prevent having to divide hosting certain images elsewhere on the server, when wanting to also display them inline within the Description, Features tab etc.

*Correction well the workaround is just to attach them, then go back and use final attachment URL for the image BBCode. But this feature request would just streamline that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello @Nulumia,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte eCommerce. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff

The reason why that is is the fact that there are multiple editors on the page. It would not be possible for the system to "guess" which of the three editors you want to place it in.

In short, it would only be possible to have the insert button work with one editor, which would probably be the description field. However, the description field is too far up to see when clicking that button, so it would appear to the user that the insert button did nothing.

I see that is an interesting point. If it was set to place only in description, perhaps some users would rather have them in Features etc. Right now I'm getting round this by just saving the product and going back and grabbing the attachment URL's, not really a huge deal.

Perhaps the idea could be revisited some time if the circumstances might ever be different.

Back