• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug Incompatibility with vBulletin Mobile API

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

in my previous ticket I mentioned the incompatibility between DragonByte SEO and vBulletin Mobile API on vBulletin 3.8.x. which causes URLs to not being rewritten in most locations.

I tested this in many other setups and the issue remains. Since the vBulletin Mobile API is the the official way of having mobile apps on vBulletin 3.8.x, we had to investigate this.

It turns out that the plugin called API's print_output in global_complete in the mobile API interferes with DBSEO's global_complete plugin. Lowering the API plugin priority below DBSEO's plugin fixes the issue, but I am still not sure if this leads to other bugs.

As the bug can be easily reproduced (install vBulletin 3.8.11, install the mobile API XML product, install DBSEO 2.0.40) I would appreciate if you investigate and test it further.

Thanks.

Unfortunately it is not possible for me to test for conflicts, as I do not have any mobile apps for any 3.8 forums nor do I have any 3.8 forums running live. Even if I did, it wouldn't be possible for me to test every single scenario that your members may encounter during normal operation of the mobile apps.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

Hello, what I asked for is for your dev team to compare the two plugins in global_complete, now that I found them to be the cause of the conflict, and detemine why the error occurs - not to test the mobile app.

Anyhow, looks like I will have to fully debug this on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back