Bug I have an error when I try to post something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick7C2

Customer
I don't know if this is a problem with ThemeHouse Reactions addon (https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/reactions) or DragonByte User Tagging addon (https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-user-tagging.378/)

I posted a support thread at ThemeHouse aswell.

Here is the error I get in admincp...

Error: Call to undefined method ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Str\Formatter::getHashTagFormatter() src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/BbCode/ProcessorAction/HashTags.php:54
Generated by: Rick7C2 Aug 9, 2018 at 7:59 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: DBTech\UserTagging\BbCode\ProcessorAction\HashTags->filterFinal('test', Object(XF\BbCode\Processor))
#1 src/XF/BbCode/Processor.php(192): call_user_func(Array, 'test', Object(XF\BbCode\Processor))
#2 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(30): XF\BbCode\Processor->filterFinalOutput('test')
#3 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#4 src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php(154): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('test', Object(XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#5 src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php(117): XF\Service\Message\Preparer->processMessage('test')
#6 src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php(37): XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare('test', true)
#7 src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(98): DBTech\UserTagging\XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare('test', true)
#8 src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(45): XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage('test', true, true)
#9 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(101): DBTech\UserTagging\XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage('test', true, true)
#10 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(288): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->setMessage('test')
#11 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(423): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->setupThreadReply(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Entity\Thread))
#12 src/addons/Snog/TV/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(34): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\TV\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Siropu\AdsManager\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#16 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}

Chances are they are doing something non-standard so that our class extension isn’t being added correctly.

Try it with only these two mods enabled, then try it without their mod enabled.

Chances are they are doing something non-standard so that our class extension isn’t being added correctly.

Try it with only these two mods enabled, then try it without their mod enabled.

I only get the error when BOTH TH-Reactions and DBT-Tagging addon are enabled.

Here is a reply I got from ThemeHouse...

I unfortunately can’t tell you which add-on the error is coming from, there are a few in the stack trace listed, but Reactions is not linked to the error. Our string formatter is only the last one to extend the original one.

What happens if you disable every other add-on, leaving only [TH] Reactions and User Tagging enabled?

If that works, re-enable them one-by-one until you find the one causing the error message.

I disabled all addons except [TH] Reactions and User Tagging and still get the error.

It's definatly some kind of collision between the two addons as it only happens when BOTH addons are active.

If one or the other is disabled it works fine.

If seeing the file "src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/XF/Str/Formatter.php" will help you in any way I can PM you it. It's only 65 lines of code.

This is what I get when I try to post something...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Here is the admincp error again....

• Error: Call to undefined method ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Str\Formatter::getHashTagFormatter()
  • src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/BbCode/ProcessorAction/HashTags.php:54
  • Generated by: Rick7C2
  • Aug 12, 2018 at 1:41 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: DBTech\UserTagging\BbCode\ProcessorAction\HashTags->filterFinal('one more', Object(XF\BbCode\Processor))
#1 src/XF/BbCode/Processor.php(192): call_user_func(Array, 'one more', Object(XF\BbCode\Processor))
#2 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(30): XF\BbCode\Processor->filterFinalOutput('one more')
#3 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#4 src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php(154): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('one more', Object(XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#5 src/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php(117): XF\Service\Message\Preparer->processMessage('one more')
#6 src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/XF/Service/Message/Preparer.php(37): XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare('one more', true)
#7 src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(98): DBTech\UserTagging\XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare('one more', true)
#8 src/addons/DBTech/UserTagging/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(45): XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage('one more', true, true)
#9 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(101): DBTech\UserTagging\XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage('one more', true, true)
#10 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(288): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->setMessage('one more')
#11 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(423): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->setupThreadReply(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Entity\Thread))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#15 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

If seeing the file "src/addons/ThemeHouse/Reactions/XF/Str/Formatter.php" will help you in any way I can PM you it. It's only 65 lines of code.
Sure, I can take a look and see if I find anything wrong with it :)

class Formatter extends \XF\Str\Formatter

Tell ThemeHouse to look into the "Class Extensions" system found at admin.php?class-extensions/ and use it to extend XF classes instead of directly extending them.

The bug is in their mod and they need to fix it on their end.

class Formatter extends \XF\Str\Formatter

Tell ThemeHouse to look into the "Class Extensions" system found at admin.php?class-extensions/ and use it to extend XF classes instead of directly extending them.

The bug is in their mod and they need to fix it on their end.

That was it! Thanks for going out of your way to help!!!

Now I can use both products I purchased. :)

Hello @Rick7C2,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte User Tagging has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte User Tagging

XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating