• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug High cpu load with firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

madness85

Customer
Hi,

Users on my site have reported high cpu load visiting my site using Firefox only. I tested this myself yesterday and I was using %10 just having the tab open.

I installed ublock origin on my browser to try locate the issue and I found by disabling fingerprint in the security options the load has disappeared.

Yes, that is to be expected. Make sure the WebGL feature is turned off, as Firefox does not like that at all.

This is not a bug.

It's in the option description:

View attachment 8965
I have version 4.2.5. Think i need to update as it doesn't say the above :)

Enable browser fingerprintingIf enabled, DragonByte Security will fingerprint the user's browser to detect potential attackers. You can set up Security Watchers to look for changes in fingerprints and let the watchers take appropriate action.
Warning: This feature is a privacy concern and should be declared in your site's Privacy Policy!

Hello @madness85,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Security has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @madness85,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Security has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Security

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating