Legacy Google human verification when verifying email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroHour

Customer
Hi
We use DB pro to verify the email address before the person can register there account. The only problem we have found is that the first step when you enter your email address to verify you dont have any human verification such as google verification. This is causing a huge amount of mail to be sent out to email addresses that dont exist.
Is it possible for you to add this?

Thanks

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you include HV on the normal registration form, you can add it to your AdvReg instance via the instance management :)

If you include HV on the normal registration form, you can add it to your AdvReg instance via the instance management :)

The problem we are finding is emails titled "Verify your email at" are being sent on mass to spam domains.
I have human verification turned on in the instance but the first step when you have to enter your email address to verify first isnt showing human verification.

I have been checking stats and it is a huge amount of mail being sent out, I am blocking ips right now and domains but it really needs human verification at the first stage asap if possible.

Last edited:
I have hacked a very minimal hotfix into the source to try and block the basic bots for now but ideally we need it to use the human verification built into vbulletin.

The very basic block I added (you can see it on our register page) seems to have massively cut the amount of mail being sent and we are talking by a huge HUGE amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back