Gallery support bulk uploads or transfer from server directory?

jnissen

I have 1000's of images I used to have in an old gallery setup on my VBulletin board years ago. All the images are in a directory on the server. Wondering if your Gallery will support the ability to read in all the images via an automated script? I see where it supports 1-5 files but it's manulaly driven. Since I have 1000's of images this isnt going to happen manually.

It does have an importer from PhotoPost vBGallery, PhotoPost Pro, vBulletin Gallery as well as a directory on the server.

Thanks. Does it require a new database or does it keep the images in a defined directory on the server file system? I’d prefer a separate database or file system. If database sizes get excessive my ISP starts to complain and I have to do all sorts of gymnastics!

I installed the demo and can not seem to find the section to do a bulk upload from a directory on my server? Is that only available on the PRO version? Help please? I was able to read in all my members individual albums they created so that works. Just I have the directory full of images I want to suck into the system and put into a new album called "Old Images". I looked through the documentation and I can seem to find it either.

OK I got further. I managed to move the images from the existing directory to the one indicated in the ACP Mass Import section. I then was able to proceed and point to a user ID (the User # and not the name - hung me up for a bit). It asked for what category and album and I attempted to import.

It goes through about 24 files and hangs. It looks like this on the ACP (see attachment). I verified that there are no ZERO byte files. Not sure what happened but the mass import is not working.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 2
Support queries need to be posted in the support forums, threads in this forum are not tracked by our ticketing system.

I cannot guarantee that I will be able to reply to threads in this forum in a timely manner.

In either case, if the import hangs, that could be a PHP error or a timeout. Make sure display_errors is turned on in php.ini.

Back