Question From 2.0.3 to 2.0.43

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogeo

Customer
I'm using DBseo 2.0.23 since long time ago on vb 4.2.5 and I wonder if i should upgrade it

1- I would really notice a big/better seo improvement/performance upgrading from 2.0.23 to 2.0.43 ?

2- In the readme.txt I read "set ProxyFCGIBackendType to GENERIC" ¿in which file on the server I have to change it? ¿httpd.conf?

3- In the readme.txt of 2.0.23 and 2.0.43 I read "(Options -> Friendly URLs and set the "Canonical URL" enforcement to "Off")" - I always had this option in STANDARD ¿is this important? ¿I really need to change it?

Thank you to help me to understand if I have to stay or upgrade

2. Please contact your server administrator if you are not comfortable editing Apache config files.

2- I think ProxyFCGIBackendType "Generic" is not necesary anymore in modern Apache versions

With Apache 2.4.26, mod_proxy_fcgi gained a new option, called ProxyFCGIBackendType. The default value of this option is FPM, while the alternative is GENERIC. The documentation and the name of the default option let one think that FPM is the best option for PHP-FPM. But at least with PHP 7.1 I had to change it to GENERIC to remove the issues with the PHP applications.

Update on 2017-07-26: Apache released version 2.4.27 that reverts the behavior of ProxyFCGIBackendType: FPM to the old one. So PHP-FPM should work again with the default value

Last edited:
Can I ask you what you did here? https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/error-after-upgrading-to-dbseo-2-0-43.24342/

I have the same error-problem everytime that I edit something
syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting end of file on line 1 in /home/path/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code
#1 /home/path/public_html/includes/functions.php(3170): vB_Template->render()
#2 /home/path/public_html/includes/functions.php(6807): render_option_template('-- Espa\xEF\xF1ol (ES...', '2', 'selected="selec...', '')
#3 /home/path/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(374): construct_language_options('--', true, 1)
#4 /home/path/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4391): vB_Bootstrap->process_templates()
#5 /home/path/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4349): vB_Template->__construct('forumdisplay_ch...')
#6 /home/path/public_html/forumdisplay.php(111) : eval()'d code(86): vB_Template::create('forumdisplay_ch...')
#7 /home/path/public_html/forumdisplay.php(111): eval()
#8 /home/path/public_html/dbseo.php(539): require('/home/foroparal...')
#9 {main}

Hello @neogeo,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @neogeo,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating