Question Exclude members from the map and other features requested :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackko

Customer
The more I play around with the map the more I like

Currently I am looking for the following, where I am happy to apply something manually now and maybe see it as a feature in the fure :)

1. exclude members from the map, e.g. if lastactivity older than xyz. Happy to do it by update the DB manually, where a setting in the AdminCP would be great. I don't want users older than 18month still being listed.

2. Beside "opt out" I'd like the user to choose if he wants to have his location fix, e.g. manually set by him dragging the marker (or the or admin loading the coordinates into DB) or if he wants his IP to be looked up whilst he is changing locations. Having a checkbox in the users profile "fix/roaming" would be great.

3. Ability to set events on the map would be superb. On my christmas whishlist: If a user adds an event in the forum calendar, he can choose a location and set the option if it is displayed in the map.

What does the flag dbtech_membermap_scan actually do?

1. exclude members from the map, e.g. if lastactivity older than xyz. Happy to do it by update the DB manually, where a setting in the AdminCP would be great. I don't want users older than 18month still being listed.
There is no functionality for this at the moment.

2. Beside "opt out" I'd like the user to choose if he wants to have his location fix, e.g. manually set by him dragging the marker (or the or admin loading the coordinates into DB) or if he wants his IP to be looked up whilst he is changing locations. Having a checkbox in the users profile "fix/roaming" would be great.
There will not be any method for re-scanning locations as that can have a negative effect on performance.

3. Ability to set events on the map would be superb. On my christmas whishlist: If a user adds an event in the forum calendar, he can choose a location and set the option if it is displayed in the map.
That is beyond the scope of this mod, sorry.

OK, understood
is there a way to stop a member's location being updated?

And can you please let me know what does the flag dbtech_membermap_scan actually does?

txs
So if I set the dbtech_membermap_lat & -dbtech_membermap_lat manually, either to the correct location or to 0,0, and the flag to "1", there will be no further update of the location, right?

txs
So if I set the dbtech_membermap_lat & -dbtech_membermap_lat manually, either to the correct location or to 0,0, and the flag to "1", there will be no further update of the location, right?
In theory, yes.

Hello @Jackko,

We hope your ticket regarding Member Map has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Member Map

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating