Pending Enhanced Privacy for Member Map

vrmbadmin

Customer
Currently, the map displays users' precise locations within a 30-meter radius. Would you consider increasing the radius to 3,000 meters? This change will obscure users' precise location.

Upvote 0
Better Solution:

Limit the zoom level of the map, which obscures the precise location.

Is it possible to implement this restriction?

Maybe, I don't know off the top of my head. In either case, members have the ability to drag and drop their own pins.

Thanks for the fast response.
  1. I am having trouble figuring out how to drag my pin on the map.
  2. Shouldn't it be automatically refreshed every time the cron runs?
Either way, it might be a simple fix (see the attached screenshot).

W

To restrict the zoom level in Google Maps, you can use the minZoom and maxZoom options when you create the map object. These properties allow you to define the minimum and maximum zoom levels that the user can zoom in and out to.

For instance, a typical city level view is around the zoom level of 10. Therefore, you can set both minZoom and maxZoom to 10 to restrict the map to a city level view.

Here's how you can modify your initMap function to include these options:

JavaScript:
function initMap()
{
    DBTech.MemberMap.config.map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('dbtech_membermap_map'), {
        center: {lat: DBTech.MemberMap.config.lat, lng: DBTech.MemberMap.config.long},
        zoom: 10,
        minZoom: 10,
        maxZoom: 10
    });
    DBTech.MemberMap.initMap();
}

In the code above, I've added an instantiation of google.maps.Map to the DBTech.MemberMap.config.map property. This map object is centered at the latitude and longitude specified in DBTech.MemberMap.config.lat and DBTech.MemberMap.config.long, with a zoom level set to 10. The minZoom and maxZoom options are also set to 10, effectively restricting the map to a city level view.

Please note that you will need to adjust the latitude and longitude values to match your specific requirements.

Okay, this didn't work and I can't understand clustering. But I do believe that a restricting zoom level feature is an excellent and timely upgrade.

Back