Bug [E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR] Object of class Closure could not be converted to string

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierDev

Customer
Hi i've just tried to update the version of the DrangonByte security addon and im getting the following error.
When I disable the add-on the error goes away.

Please can you fix it ?

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR] Object of class Closure could not be converted to string in src/XF.php on line 930
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/XF.php at line 930
  2. XF::escapeString() in src/XF/Language.php at line 210
  3. XF\Language->XF\{closure}()
  4. preg_replace_callback() in src/XF/Language.php at line 194
  5. XF\Language->renderPhrase() in src/addons/DBTech/Security/Watcher/ConfigTamper.php at line 90
  6. DBTech\Security\Watcher\ConfigTamper->preCheck() in src/addons/DBTech/Security/Watcher/AbstractHandler.php at line 172
  7. DBTech\Security\Watcher\AbstractHandler->trigger() in src/addons/DBTech/Security/Listener.php at line 221
  8. DBTech\Security\Listener::dispatcherPostRender()
  9. call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 67
  10. XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2648
  11. XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 367
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 53
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Does this happen during update or after?

If it's during, please try disabling the add-on or use the archive installer to upgrade rather than manual upload.

I'm guessing you have a closure added to your config.php file, or one of your add-ons is adding a closure to the \XF::app()->config() object?

I have applied a potential hotfix to v4.3.0. Can you please try disabling the add-on then upgrading to that version to see if that fixes the issue for you?

Hello @FrontierDev,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Security has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Security

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating