Question Donation bar frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.

1quicksi

Customer
When users make a donation the status bar does not indicate that any donations have/were made. It just sits at zero. How do I unfreeze it?

Have you tried putting a blanket on it? Stick it in the microwave for like 15 seconds? :p

Also, make sure the Sandbox isn't turned on, that the donations aren't flagged as test donations.

I have a fleece comforter that it is wrapped up in ;) What wattage microwave do you suggest? How long should I leave it in there?

I checked "Enable SandBox Testing?" it is turned off

Since this is the vB4 version I'll ping Mokonzi and he'll get back to you as soon as he can :)

Figured I would at least try a few things while I waited...
I have re-uploaded all the files and re-imported the XML. Still frozen :(

Sorry for the delay in responding, I'm on vacation at the moment. :D

Regarding the issue, what time frame are you using for the donations? Monthly?

If you have an admin access on your site that you can PM me I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Matt

Yes we run monthly donations/goals. PM will be sent in a min with access credentials. Look forward to seeing what the issue is when you return :)

The issue is that all your recent donations are marked as 'unconfirmed'.

I'm not sure if you intended for a manual verification or not? Until they're marked as 'confirmed', the donation bar won't go up.

Check here to see what I mean:

HostBoard - Donations

If you manually confirm them (assuming that you have confirmed in PayPal) then the bar should increase.

:)

Interesting... Never was like that before... What option disables the manual verification and automates it?

Have any user's reported any error messages when contributing from PayPal at all?

Have you tried the process of the donation yourself? Might be worth trying and make a note of any errors.

The system is meant to only mark something as unconfirmed if the donation isn't approved by PayPal for some reason. It's possible settings at PayPal's end aren't correct, or an error in how the response is being delivered to you.

There are zero errors being reported nor any when I do a donation. Anything on the PP side that might need to be configured?

No DBTDonate is not marking the contribution as confirmed.

And I think I found a bug... When I try to make a payment via my email which is also the one linked to my PayPal account, PayPal throws an error message:

You are logging into the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again.

However DBTDonate now shows that I have made a donation (unconfirmed) even though PayPal wont allow me to from the same account. Thus it is being recorded before PayPal confirms that the payment was actually made?

No DBTDonate is not marking the contribution as confirmed.

And I think I found a bug... When I try to make a payment via my email which is also the one linked to my PayPal account, PayPal throws an error message:

You are logging into the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again.

However DBTDonate now shows that I have made a donation (unconfirmed) even though PayPal wont allow me to from the same account. Thus it is being recorded before PayPal confirms that the payment was actually made?

There is no bug in this. It's designed to prevent you using your own account to donate to yourself. However the system has to mark the donation in the system until PayPal confirms, otherwise there would be no way of tracking it. This is why I was thinking that there might be something not working in the settings for the return gateway PayPal is using.

Have you used another account to go through the process yourself from beginning to end? Is it still marking all new donations as unconfirmed?

Sorry for the delay in posting but had to wait/convince someone to make a donation...lol Anyways their donation was posted and the bar moved. Not sure what if anything was different, but will just have to keep an eye on it and do some manual approvals when necessary. Feel free to close...

Ok, we'll close this thread. Reopen it again if the same issues crops up, or create a new thread if something else comes up. :)

Hello 1quicksi,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDonate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings