• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Click tracking - by link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joec

Customer
Hello,

Is there a way to see the clicks by link in a newsletter?

For example: If we link to a few featured threads or an off-site link, is there a way to see if it was clicked? Based on what I'm seeing, I'd imagine so (in that clicks are tracked) but I don't see a way necessarily to see how many times a link to "example.com" was clicked in a given newsletter.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I work with @joec and while I was searching through the code to find the spot where MailLinkLog data was exposed to admins, I discovered a potential bug in Entity/MailLinkLog.php:

Code:
            'Link' => [
                'entity' => 'DBTech\Mail:Mail',
                'type' => self::TO_ONE,
                'conditions' => [
                    ['link_hash', '=', '$link_hash'],
                    ['mail_id', '=', '$mail_id']
                ],
                'primary' => true
            ]

Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well could be, the entity should be MailLink rather than Mail since the latter doesn't have a link_hash column.

Thanks for your help with our issue!

Hello,

Is there a way to see the clicks by link in a newsletter?

For example: If we link to a few featured threads or an off-site link, is there a way to see if it was clicked? Based on what I'm seeing, I'd imagine so (in that clicks are tracked) but I don't see a way necessarily to see how many times a link to "example.com" was clicked in a given newsletter.

Thank you in advance.
At the moment, the data tracked by the link log isn't exposed anywhere as the feature was never fully finished.

Hi,

I work with @joec and while I was searching through the code to find the spot where MailLinkLog data was exposed to admins, I discovered a potential bug in Entity/MailLinkLog.php:

Code:
            'Link' => [
                'entity' => 'DBTech\Mail:Mail',
                'type' => self::TO_ONE,
                'conditions' => [
                    ['link_hash', '=', '$link_hash'],
                    ['mail_id', '=', '$mail_id']
                ],
                'primary' => true
            ]

Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well could be, the entity should be MailLink rather than Mail since the latter doesn't have a link_hash column.

Thanks for your help with our issue!
Thanks, I'll update that in the next version :)

I'm currently working on a major update for eCommerce as well as custom work projects, so unfortunately I don't believe it's something I can add in the short term.

I would recommend building a custom page that interfaces with the data, either via XenForo itself or directly via the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Mail

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back