Question Changing Gallery image upload location

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperCap

Customer
Hi All,

Is there a way to set the image storage location outside of your forum directory?

For example, all my attachments, profile pics, signature pics etc are all stored in a folder called data outside of the "forum" directory. I have tried setting the image storage path in the settings to the location of the folder I want to use and tried several different ways of referencing the path (All the way from home/XXXXXXX/public_html/data/gallery/ to just data/gallery/) without luck. Using the absolute path (home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/data/gallery), I can see a folder location being created in that location however the files are not being uploaded or seen in the gallery.

I have got it working by creating the data/gallery/ under the forums directory (forums/data/gallery) however I would really prefer to use my normal method of storing the files.

Is there a way to achieve this please?

Thanks
Stu

Hi Fillip H., I did indeed. Below is what happens when I have set that and the upload path out of the forum directory

missing image.PNGpermissions.PNG

Hi,

They were indeed, I set the permissions on top level and all level child files and folders. The interesting thing is it goes and creates the folder tree for the image when the image location is set with the full path, it just doesn't upload the image which is interesting.

Its not a show stopper, I can set a location inside the forum directory and carry on playing with it.

I see the problem. Can you please try re-download v1.3.2 PL1 and re-uploading /dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php and see if this works for you?

Hi Fillip H., I just performed the steps above and the issue has been resolved, thanks very much for the assistance.

If it helps with future issues, you need to set the path with a leading leading slash now if you are storing the files outside of the normal forum path. For example, my storage location outside the forum directory must be set as /home/XXXXX/public_html/data/gallery/ in order for the images to upload and display correctly.

Thanks again for the excellent service and product.

If it helps with future issues, you need to set the path with a leading leading slash now if you are storing the files outside of the normal forum path.
Yeah, that's how paths work in a *nix environment - if you've ever come across a script that worked fine when your forum was in the "document root" folder (e.g. domain.com/forum.php) but stopped working when put in a subdir (e.g. domain.com/forums/forum.php) it's because of absolute paths
Code:
<script src="/js/script.js">
A certain modification that begins with C and ends with ometchat is notorious for this kind of nonsense.

PS: If you're moving the data storage anyway, I recommend moving it outside of public_html (e.g. /home/XXX/data/gallery/), otherwise someone can still bypass your UG permissions and access all your images using a web scraper. The same applies to attachments.

Hello SniperCap,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings