Bug bulletpoints suddenly not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmaxmangos

Customer
Hey, Fillip H.

I was just adding a new download to my site and bulletpoints are suddenly no longer displaying in any of the downloads.

I have tried repair cache and had no affect, we have lots of other downloads with bulletpoints and none of those are displaying now either.

At first I thought this was a formatting error but due to other untouched downloads being affected it looks more like a bug somewhere?

This is most likely a skin issue. The following CSS in vbulletin.css is what controls whether the list bullets appear when we request them:
Code:
.restore ol > li,
.restore ol.decimal > li {
	list-style:decimal outside;
}

.restore ol.upper-roman > li {
	list-style:upper-roman outside;
}

.restore ol.lower-roman > li {
	list-style:lower-roman outside;
}

.restore ol.upper-alpha > li {
	list-style:upper-alpha outside;
}

.restore ol.lower-alpha > li {
	list-style:lower-alpha outside;
}

.restore ul > li {
	/* Giving UL's LIs generated disc markers. */
	list-style: disc outside;
}

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply to this.

I have confirmed the above is in the CSS file.

I have also tried using the default theme and the issue is still present. Bullet points under any download no longer appear in the description area of a download.

What is interesting, is that the bullet points appear in the editor when adding them to a sentance, even if you go back to edit the download they are still showing in the editor, just not on the actual download page.

Would I be able to PM you login details to take a look? If yes, let me know exactly what you need access to.

If that CSS is present, then it's most likely a case of a skin removing the restore​ class from the download description wrapper. Please double-check that template to make sure it exists.

Nevermind, I found a way to reproduce it :)

It'll be fixed for the next version :)

Pretty much what I said, for some reason the "restore" CSS class buggered off from the vBDownloads template. The issue is on our end.

Hey,

Thought I'd just reply here to let you know this same issue is affect vBMail also.

horizontal lines in the mail appear as
but do appear fine in the editor prior to sending.

vBMail sends HTML emails, it doesn't display them on a page, so it's not really comparable at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back