• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug BB code to string error:Problem matching CHARGE tag to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyDave

Customer
Don't think the skin has anything to do with this, but is there something from this error message I can do to see if I can reproduce the problem.

This appears to be dealing with a thread that was generated by an unregistered visitor.

Exception: BB code to string error:problem matching CHARGE tag to post. This should not happen. Turn on debug mode and report the stack trace to the developer. - library/DBTech/Credits/Model/Charge.php:102

Stack Trace:
#0 /public/library/DBTech/Credits/XenForo/BbCode/Charge.php(59): DBTech_Credits_Model_Charge->getPostFromHashAndPostIds('936ccdb97115e9f...', Array)
#1 [internal function]: DBTech_Credits_XenForo_BbCode_Charge::charge(Array, Array, Object(XenMods_HashTags_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#2 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(745): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(XenMods_HashTags_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#3 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(652): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#4 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(565): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#5 /public/library/XenMods/HashTags/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(33): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#6 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenMods_HashTags_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#7 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(526): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#8 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#9 /public/library/XenForo/BbCode/TextWrapper.php(119): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('You, sir, are S...', Array)
#10 /public/internal_data/templates/S.15,L.1,thread_view.php(2955): XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper->__toString()
#11 /public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/nginx/dom...')
#12 /public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/nginx/dom...', Array)
#13 /public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#14 /public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(124): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#
/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(639): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#16 /public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#17 /public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#18 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(39) "https://bash.zone/threads/who-i-am.400/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/threads/who-i-am_400/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Interesting, so if a guest user uses [CHARGE] it breaks? Or is it any post within a thread that now has a guest as the OP (either by default, or by deleting a user)?

Are you able to replicate that at all?

ok, I guess I'll try to answer this again, I don't know why deleting a double post deletes both, but whatever.

This error occurs on viewing certain threads.

For instance, the error happens viewing this thread:
who i am | BASH.zone

But it doesn't happen when this thread is viewed, same forum, same thread starter.
gtb is back | BASH.zone

Happens on any style.

It's been happening for a few versions. I'm currently running the xf version of credits labeled 4.0.0 (no beta designation)

I'm not receiving an error when viewing that thread, can you please clarify how I can see this issue in action @ your site?

It doesn't output an error on the page. It's xenforo, it generates a server error in the server error log.

I don't see how seeing it on a page would be any different than copying and pasting it from the server log.

I do know the error shows up in the log Everytime that thread is viewed by any user group.

Last edited:
It doesn't output an error on the page. It's xenforo, it generates a server error in the server error log.
XenForo also displays error pages to the user, but unless you're in debug mode suppresses the "real" error message and puts that in the server error log.

I don't see how seeing it on a page would be any different than copying and pasting it from the server log.
It is different because it speaks to the ability to reproduce the issue. Since it's not an issue I can reproduce, and your site is the only site running this product affected by this issue, knowing exactly how to reproduce it is vital.

I do know the error shows up in the log Everytime that thread is viewed by any user group.
Fair enough, in that case I will need an FTP and AdminCP account @ your site in order to look into this further :)

Well, that's not really an option. It's not a big deal at the moment. When I have some free time, I'll run it through my dev box and try to see what it's choking on. Thanks Ryan

In that case, we'll likely have to wait for someone else to encounter the same issue if you can't work out what's happening, sorry :(

Hello SneakyDave,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Cannot Reproduce.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings