Bug Auto Sitemap Generation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't be able to. You will be able to run it through the cron job though. Post your results back here.

Unfortunately, both command line and cronjob are still giving a 301 Moved Permanently for me.
Would it be possible for me to get SSH access so I could test this?

Not really sure if I did this correctly but this is what was emailed to me;
Code:
/****/cron/sitemapcron.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/***/cron/sitemapcron.php: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `||'
/***/cron/sitemapcron.php: line 4: `|| # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||'

Actually, this is more like it I think although there may be some issues. :)
Code:
[eAccelerator] This build of "eAccelerator" was compiled for PHP version 5.3.10. Rebuild it for your PHP version (5.3.28) or download precompiled binaries.
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.28
Content-type: text/html

/Library/WebServer/Documents/devboards/vb4 is not a valid directory.<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  chdir() [<a href='function.chdir'>function.chdir</a>]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in <b>/h****/cron/sitemapcron.php</b> on line <b>34</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  require_once(./global.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/****/cron/sitemapcron.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/****/cron/sitemapcron.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />

Last edited:
You have eAccelerator installed but it's not working, which is causing some issues. You'll need to ask your host for assistance with that one, I believe.

Actually, this is more like it I think although there may be some issues. :)
Code:
[eAccelerator] This build of "eAccelerator" was compiled for PHP version 5.3.10. Rebuild it for your PHP version (5.3.28) or download precompiled binaries.

/Library/WebServer/Documents/devboards/vb4 is not a valid directory.<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  chdir() [<a href='function.chdir'>function.chdir</a>]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in <b>/h****/cron/sitemapcron.php</b> on line <b>34</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  require_once(./global.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/****/cron/sitemapcron.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/****/cron/sitemapcron.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />

You need to edit line 20 in the sitemapcron.php file to point to your actual forum directory. That'll clear the rest off the errors (other than eAccelerator).

Last edited:
Now that I fixed the directory location on line 20 I get the following error;
Code:

I spoke to my host about eAccelerator and they tell me there is nothing they can do at this time because it is a shared server. :RpS_unsure:
If I was on a VPS they would gladly update the PHP or enable any module that I wish.

Now that I fixed the directory location on line 20 I get the following error;
Code:

I spoke to my host about eAccelerator and they tell me there is nothing they can do at this time because it is a shared server. :RpS_unsure:
If I was on a VPS they would gladly update the PHP or enable any module that I wish.

Interesting, your results "301 Moved Permanently" are the same as mine.

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder whether the issue is related to Canonical URLs and it's trying to redirect the script to the main forum... I'll run some tests with the SSH access and see if I can get it fixed for tonight, if not I'll hotfix it as soon as I can :)

Update: I discovered the cause behind this, and I've fixed it - the fixed file will be available in the v1.2.10 release :)
bzcomputers: The fixed file is already on your site, so you won't need to re-upload it when v1.2.10 hits tonight.

Sadly, I am having problems again with this. When you implemented the fix it worked for two days consecutively but now it is not working. The last auto generation was on October 27'th. On the 31, after I had not received any emails, I ran the task manually. I had to run it 13 times (once for every category) which I found strange as I don't remember doing that before.
It is now November 3 and no sitemap has been generated since my last manual generation on the 31'st.

Did you get the cron generation working before, or are you referring to the scheduled task in vBulletin?

Were you not able to get the server-side cron working? I think it would be better to use that rather than to rely on the scheduled task.

If you give me SSH access or access to your control panel software (like cPanel or Plesk), I may be able to set up the server-side cron job instead, eliminating any chance of reliability issues with vB's task :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings