Question Error to index posts in Google Webmaster Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4Brasil

Customer
Hello, I need help.
I have a forum with vBulletin 4 and DragonByte SEO v2.0.27.
I'm not getting that Google Webmaster Tools index the posts of my forum.

The error that appears in Google is:
When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found que some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend que your Sitemap contain URLs que point to the end destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.

How can I solve this problem?

The threads have been indexed.

Thank you

Hi there,

I would strongly recommend not including Posts in your sitemap. Your Thread URLs already tells the search engines about every post. That's also the redirect they are talking about, showpost URLs in vB4 redirect to showthread URLs :)

Do not fear change as dbSEO or vBulletin for Google Webmaster Tools will index the showposts? My site has more than 2.5 million posts.

There should be no issues with your posts appearing in Google when disabling Show Post from your sitemap, so long as you enable the Show Thread indexing :)

I have tried this.

When the Show Post and the Show Thread is on I have 2.2 million pages send and only 300 thousand index.

When I turn OFF the Show Post the number of send is 400 thousand but only 200 thousand is index.

So turn OFF the show posts actually minimize my pages indexed by google.

Naturally fewer pages will be indexed if you submit fewer pages, this is normal :)

If you submit 2.2 million pages and 300k are indexed, 13% of your pages are indexed.
If you submit 400k pages and 200k are indexed, 50% of your pages are indexed.

Therefore, turning OFF show post increases your amount of indexed pages on Google by 37%, a massive improvement. Not only that, but you will also not receive the redirect error messages.

It's entirely up to you, all I can do is offer my recommendations :)

OK, I agree with you.

But I want my entire forum index on google webmaster, not 50%.

There is no way to index the show posts? Or this is a bug from dbseo? Because the vbseo sitemap generator was index all my 2.2 millions pages.

DBSEO does not control the speed of indexing nor the amount indexed, that's entirely up to each individual search engine.

The problem is not the indexing speed, the problem is that all the .xml referring to POST are not being indexed.

Surely there is a problem with the DBSEO.

Attached print my Google Webmaster Tools

Is it possible you help me solve the problem of not indexing? I do not want to stop indexing more than 2 million pages. When I used the vBSEO this funciovana normally.

Thank You!

Captura de Tela 2016-02-18 a?s 10.20.54.png

No, there is no problem with DBSEO nor the sitemaps it generates.

Show Post URLs are meant to be permalinks that users can copy and share with other members, which will then redirect into the Show Thread URLs. This is what GWT is complaining about, and that is working as intended.
We cannot simply change the URLs in the sitemap, as that would break the Permalink functionality. This is why we strongly recommend you do NOT enable Show Post URLs in the Sitemap settings.

You can either choose to ignore these warnings and leave Show Post URLs enabled, or you can choose to disable Show Post URLs and enable Show Thread URLs. It's your choice :)

In either case, there is no bug here. I'll close this ticket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back