Question Moving from vbulletin + dbseo to Xenforo, any important points information to take care of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRag0N

Customer
Hello,
As title says, are there any important points to take about migration?

We will to retain our old url structure or if possible go with latest Seo enabled url.

Thanks.

Assuming your forum URLs contain the [forum_id] and your member URLs contain the [user_id] variables, you will be able to import your URLs.

If you use forum or member URLs without IDs, those URLs cannot be imported.

The importer can be found here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-seo-urls-to-xenforo-2.6361/

Please note that support will not be provided for the import process nor will any support be provided if some URLs fail to import. Check the FAQ in that resource for more information.

Our forums contain [forum_title]

Forum page contain [forum_title]/page[forum_page].htm

Members have (not concerned as not using rewrite here and it's not accessible to guests/bots)

Thread/topics have [forum_title]/[thread_id].htm

Thread pages have [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_page].htm

Will you suggest changing existing structure for few weeks then proceed ahead.

Changing the structure now will do nothing, as you will still have old forum URLs indexed and posted on your forum that can’t be redirected.

You unfortunately made a bad decision by not including the forum ID in your URLs.

If you need them redirected, you’ll have to specify every single forum URL manually in your htaccess file, though that’s beyond what I’m able to assist with.

Changing the structure now will do nothing, as you will still have old forum URLs indexed and posted on your forum that can’t be redirected.

You unfortunately made a bad decision by not including the forum ID in your URLs.

If you need them redirected, you’ll have to specify every single forum URL manually in your htaccess file, though that’s beyond what I’m able to assist with.
Thanks @Fillip H. There should be lot of forums, who might have did this mistake.
I hope there is a solution to this.

There is no solution to this, unfortunately, other than manual redirection like I mentioned before.

The good news is, forum URLs are not going to be your main source of search engine hits, that's going to be your thread URLs, and thread URLs redirect just fine.

There is no solution to this, unfortunately, other than manual redirection like I mentioned before.

The good news is, forum URLs are not going to be your main source of search engine hits, that's going to be your thread URLs, and thread URLs redirect just fine.
Thats a relief if we are atleast able to maintain the thread url structure.

We need to redirect existing url structure of topics/threads
Thread/topics have [forum_title]/[thread_id].htm
Thread pages have [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_page].htm
to seo optimized structure

We can ignore forum redirects if not doable, we will manually add redirects to forum urls

Hello @DrRag0N,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @DrRag0N,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating