• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Company XenForo 2.3 Roadmap

DragonByte Technologies

Company Information
Staff member
Company Info
Hi all,

With the recently released beta & upcoming release of XenForo 2.3, I'd like to share the roadmap for DragonByte products going into XenForo 2.3. I am committed to supporting the latest version of XenForo and focus all development efforts on the latest version at any given time.

XenForo 2.2
  • One more feature update will be released for all XenForo 2.2 products, coming today
  • The minimum PHP requirement for DragonByte add-ons running on XenForo 2.2 will be set to PHP 7.4
  • PHP 8.2 will be the recommended version and a warning will be displayed on install if you are running a PHP version < 8.2

XenForo 2.3
  • Every XenForo 2.2 product will be updated to be compatible with XenForo 2.3 unless the product is superseded by native XenForo 2.3 functionality (e.g. WebP/Stripe Checkout)
  • The minimum PHP requirement for DragonByte add-ons running on XenForo 2.3 will be set to PHP 8.0
  • PHP 8.2 will be the recommended version, and a warning will be displayed on install if you are running a PHP version < 8.2

Timeline

April 5th, 2024
All XF 2.2 add-ons will go into "bug fixes only" mode.
No new features will be added, to give me more time to prepare the XF 2.3 versions.

XenForo 2.3 "Gold" Released
Once XenForo 2.3 has gone "gold" (out of beta, fully released), all XF 2.2 versions will go into "security fixes only" mode.
Any bug reports for the 2.2 versions that have been resolved in the 2.3 versions will be closed unless the issue is critical (e.g. data loss).
Should a security issue be discovered, these will - of course - be patched in every applicable version.

Back