vBSlider v3.0 Beta 3 Released!

bszopi

Former Developer
Alright guys, sorry for taking so long on this, but I'm happy to release vBSlider v3.0.0 Closed Beta 3. This should hopefully be the last of the closed betas, and unless the beta testers have lots to report, we should be able to release this as an open Beta next week. With that said, Beta 3 adds even more functionality to the latest version of the slider, as well as fixing a couple bugs that were still in there.

New Features
  • For each content type, added the ability to select content by Most Recent, Most Replied, or Most Viewed
  • Added 2 custom BBCodes to allow for selection of images to display in the slider. These custom BBCodes, if present, take precedence over the image selector option in the ACP.
    • VBSLI : This is used in place of the IMG BBCode to select the image to display in the slider.
    • VBSLA : This is used in place of the ATTACH BBCode to select the attachment to display in the slider. If you insert an attachment inline, and use the CONFIG option to resize or align the image within the post, you can just change the ATTACH to VBSLA and the configuration will remain.
  • Added the ability to select CMS categories to pull from. This way, if you have a News category for example, you can select all of the sections, but only the News Category, and just articles in that specific category will be displayed
  • Added a new Random option for the content location - Left/Right Only, which excludes the content from being displayed across the top of the slider, but still randomly on either side
  • Remote images are now retrieved from the remote site and stored locally. Now you don't have to worry about other servers having potential issues and causing issues with images being displayed, and it should also help speed up loading of the images into the slider.
  • Added the ability to display only Sticky threads in the selected Forums
  • Added the ability to Justify the content text inside the content area, in addition to the already left, right, and center options
  • Added the ability to enter a HEX value for the Loader color for each instance
  • Added the ability to enter a HEX value for the Loader Background color for each instance
  • Added the ability to select 1 of 33 available colors for the Navigation arrows for each instance

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with soft deleted blogs still showing up in the slider
  • Fixed an issue where if an IMG tag was the very first item in a thread, it would not be displayed as the slider image
  • Fixed several StyleVar issues, mainly to do with the background and message_background colors

As I mentioned, I am keeping this in closed beta for another week to let the testers play with it a little more, and I hope to release it as an open beta available to all next week. Thanks!

Discuss this news here.

Back