Implemented Thread snippet in email digest & suggested better digest template

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichpen

Customer
Feature suggestion, add configurable thread snippet and icon in Email digest template see screenshot as an example/mockup of a nice layout for a digest:

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello @ichpen,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte Mail. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff

Here's a screenshot from the next version:

I don't agree with the initial mockup placing username and forum name separate from the rest of the information, so I added that info to the metadata list instead.

I also don't feel like a "Read more" link is needed as the title of the thread is always going to be a link to the unread posts anyway.

View attachment 8614

I don't agree with the initial mockup placing username and forum name separate from the rest of the information, so I added that info to the metadata list instead.

I also don't feel like a "Read more" link is needed as the title of the thread is always going to be a link to the unread posts anyway.

Hey that's pretty close and definitely much better. Appreciate the enhancements. The username said I find a personable element so I can always add it back in later.

View attachment 8614

Forgot to add customizable logo as per my example would also be welcomed. :)

Forgot to add customizable logo as per my example would also be welcomed. :)
There is no sensible default that can be applied so I don't think that's suitable for the core. It's not possible to rely on the banner being the correct size.

This would be better served by a manual customisation per-style.

There is no sensible default that can be applied so I don't think that's suitable for the core. It's not possible to rely on the banner being the correct size.

This would be better served by a manual customisation per-style.

A fixed size banner/logo image is what I was thinking of. All third party newsletter apps allow for this. If you don't want to mess around with customization lock the size down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back