• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Stop emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajinoz

Customer
How do I stop it sending out emails every time somebody thanks or like something?

I thought I had it turned off but, obviously not.

I've got notifications turned off, but the bit about affecting users email preferences concerns me. If I set that to NO will this mean every user is going to have to go into his profile and reset his email preferences?

thanksemail.PNG

thanks2.PNG

If I'm on the wrong track, how do I stop it sending out emails?

If you turn off the "Enable Emails By Default" setting, every user that has currently turned off their emails manually will now receive emails, and every user that has not configured a preference will no longer receive emails.

If you turn off the "Enable Emails By Default" setting, every user that has currently turned off their emails manually will now receive emails, and every user that has not configured a preference will no longer receive emails.

Yes, thank you, I understand this, I probably should have phrased the question better.

I know it will invert users preferences for emails but what is not clear is if this setting, once enabled, will stop all emails from the thanks mod. In other words if, after I set this and the user preferences revert, the users then go into their settings and restore them to the way they were, will the mod then send emails to those users or will it no longer do so.

What I am trying to achieve is the thanks mod NOT sending any emails to any users regardless of their personal email settings.

There is no way to stop this mod from sending emails if the users choose to receive them.

There is no way to stop this mod from sending emails if the users choose to receive them.

I see, I think think it would be an extremely positive change if the mod's emails could be stopped without affecting users other emails.

In user settings there are three email parameters:

Receive email from Administrators, other members and friendship requests. I'm assuming they would only need to turn off Administrators emails to stop the mod sending, not the other two, is that correct?

Also, if they do that, will it stop them getting system emails like subscription reminders and forgotten password reset emails and the like?

I see, I think think it would be an extremely positive change if the mod's emails could be stopped without affecting users other emails.
I disagree with the notion that the user should not be able to opt in to emails if they want them.

Receive email from Administrators, other members and friendship requests. I'm assuming they would only need to turn off Administrators emails to stop the mod sending, not the other two, is that correct?
Correct :)

Also, if they do that, will it stop them getting system emails like subscription reminders and forgotten password reset emails and the like?
No, but they will stop receiving emails from vBMail mailing lists, and they may stop receiving other emails from other modifications.

I disagree with the notion that the user should not be able to opt in to emails if they want them.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have a choice, I have no problem with that at all, the problem is that, in this case, if they opt out of getting the mod emails it also means they opt out of getting admin email too. Is there no way of making the mod install a parameter in their settings or profile or suchlike that would let them out out (or in) of emails from the mod without affecting the normal admin emails.

BTW, I'm not trying to annoy you with this stuff, it just seems to me that that would be a better way to go, however maybe it's simply not possible to do that, I don't know.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have a choice, I have no problem with that at all, the problem is that, in this case, if they opt out of getting the mod emails it also means they opt out of getting admin email too.
Not if you flip the "Disable Emails By Default" option described above. If you do, then they will NOT receive any email but they WILL receive admin emails still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back