Question shipping method

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreamarucci

Customer
When a user has put some items in the cart, there's a way to choose a shipping method for all the items without going item by item to choose the shipping method?

If only 1 shipping method is available for any given product, it will be used as default. Otherwise, it must be set per-item as each individual item may have different shipping methods available.

Ok but really I don't understand the logic behind this. Normally if I need a different shipping address I made a different order.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear; When I said "each individual item may have different shipping methods available" I mean that different products may not all offer the same shipping method.

For instance, let's say you sell one item that's worth €500. You might want shipping to be more expensive for this item to cover insurance to make sure it doesn't get lost in the mail.
You sell another item that's worth €5. This item is almost free to ship because it doesn't require insurance or tracking, as it's fairly cheap to replace if something happens.

These require different shipping methods, and that's why you can't set shipping method for all items simultaneously.

You're right but in this case for my opinion the shipping costs shouldn't have to be included in the products? Just asking since using WooCommerce for example I've not to choose shipping for each item

As mentioned above, if you have only one shipping method available for any given product it'll be automatically selected. There's no logical way of selecting shipping method for multiple products when the same method may not be available for all products.

Ok. I respect your point of view but I disagree about the fact that is logical. When you buy from Amazon you choose shipping per order not per item. Should be better to add this as an option if you care

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
4.83 star(s) 6 ratings
Back