Question Regarding addon products, bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nulumia

Customer
Hi DBTech,
Just a few questions with addon items. I noticed that adding this to any product basically creates a new product - so if I have 20 software with branding removal option, this would produce 20 duplicate branding removal addon products? Just want to verify if this is how it currently works.

Also, there's a few cases where I'd like to have standalone products, but offer them as bundled addons to larger products. For example, a theme but offer addon of several plugins (perhaps at discount) which are sold individually in another category.

Here's a sort of mockup widget:
nlxen_mainsite_v7_032.jpg

Is there a way to do this, or must they always be created as duplicates? Or is it intended they just add those products individually to their cart?

if I have 20 software with branding removal option, this would produce 20 duplicate branding removal addon products? Just want to verify if this is how it currently works.
That's correct. The reason for this is that it would be a nightmare to manage the code if we had one product apply to multiple parent products.

Or is it intended they just add those products individually to their cart?
There's no bundle functionality at the moment, but in your widget example, that is pretty much exactly what happens with the existing "Purchase" product when you have set them up as add-on products.

Thanks for the clarification Fillip :), I'm in the process of moving two different sites off of other ecommerce platforms onto Xenforo + DBTech Ecommerce, so trying to figure out how some components line up and have to be approached differently.

Hello @Nulumia,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating