Bug PHP Errors During Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFireflyl

Customer
I received the following error when I attempted to install the member map add-on for Xenforo 2.1.4:

Code:
An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] MySQL statement prepare error [2006]: MySQL server has gone away in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 217

[LIST=1]
[*]  
[*]XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
[*] 
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
[*] 
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
[*] 
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
[*] 
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1261
[*] 
[*]XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchOne() in src/XF/Repository/UpgradeCheck.php at line 39
[*] 
[*]XF\Repository\UpgradeCheck->getLatestUpgradeCheck() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 238
[*] 
[*]XF\Admin\App->renderPageHtml() in src/XF/App.php at line 1989
[*] 
[*]XF\App->renderPage() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 122
[*] 
[*]XF\Admin\App->renderPage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 362
[*] 
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 53
[*] 
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
[*] 
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
[*] 
[*]XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13[/LIST]

I have no idea what that means, and it looks like the add-on did not install. Any thoughts on what may have happened here?

Last edited:
Would you be able to tell me what I need to do to resolve this? The problem that I'm having is that it appears that this isn't installed (it doesn't show that it is in the add-ons list), but aspects of this are installed (which I can see in the permissions list and in other parts of the site).

Sorry, I don't know anything beyond what's written on that page. It's not an issue I have ever encountered myself, so you would need to contact your server administrator for assistance.

Can you tell me how to manually uninstall this? As in, what files do I need to delete, and what database entries do I need to delete? The add-on is at least partially installed, but I can't uninstall it from the add-on section as it never completed, so in the add-on section it only gives the option to install it.

Once you have resolved the server configuration issue, you should be able to proceed with the installation as normal and then uninstall it from there.

I don't believe there's a way to clean up the partially installed data.

You should contact your system administrator and have them increase the wait_timeout variable in MySQL. The value should be at least 600.

Once you have resolved the server configuration issue, you should be able to proceed with the installation as normal and then uninstall it from there.

I don't believe there's a way to clean up the partially installed data.

You should contact your system administrator and have them increase the wait_timeout variable in MySQL. The value should be at least 600.

I would love to do that, but they said that with shared hosting they can't increase it. They're forcing me to go to VPS hosting (way more expensive) or leave it the way that it is.

You should definitely look into getting a better web host. It sounds like you're on a cheap host like GoDaddy or HostGator.

In either case, you could keep trying the install button. Sadly there's nothing I can do about a partial install as there is no feasible way to know what to remove.

Hello @IFireflyl,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Member Map has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Member Map

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating