Pending Limited Release/Permission Controlled Release

Hello @Liam W,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte eCommerce. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff

I'm a little bit cautious about adding yet another layer of permissions - we'd have Global / Category / Product / Download.

An option would be to set up a new product for testing, and use the product permissions to control who can see the product. I realise it's not ideal since it means cluttering the product list with a bunch of closed beta products, though.

I'll keep this On Hold in case I change my mind (but feel free to convince me ahead of time, no need to wait!) :)

Adding another layer of permissions does make some sense, seeing as you'd then have every layer permission controlled... ;)

An option would be to set up a new product for testing, and use the product permissions to control who can see the product. I realise it's not ideal since it means cluttering the product list with a bunch of closed beta products, though.

This is horrifically ugly, as well as time consumingly manual, as you'd then have to manually add the download to the actual product after testing...