Question Likes System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhj8864

Customer
I purchased and installed the Likes system today. I do not need most of the functionality. Basically I want the 'Like this Post' text in the bar next to the 'report post' link (I have it set that way). When clicked I want the members liking the post listed at the bottom of the post, and the total # of likes showing in the post-bit. I had VBSEO previously and currently those like #'s are showing there.

What I'm seeing so far is that it doesn't matter if you click the like text under a post - it doesn't record the like (the 'like this post' text momentarily goes away but then returns, and no like gets recorded.

"Thanks" clicks not working after vB Upgrade (3.8.11) and PHP upgrade (to 7.1)

This sounds like exactly what is happening to me. I can't follow the fix - but wonder if I'm experiencing this same issue because we also are on php 7.1?

It could very well be setup error of some kind, it's a pretty complicated modification. I am willing to pay for some customization as I'd really like it to look more like vbulletin.org's mod, with a little heart with the text 'I like this' appearing on hover. I like the idea of the 'Thanks' option too but I can't fit a 'Thanks' option in that toolbar without it creating an extra line. Ideally I'd have a fist bump icon for 'Thanks!' and a heart icon for 'I like this'. I don't know if you do this kind of custom work but thought I'd check.

If nothing else I'd like someone to look at my setup as it's not working currently. I'm on 4.2.5 and php 7.1.

Last edited:
Can you please double check the following:

1. You used drag and drop to upload the contents of the upload folder to your forum folder, not cPanel's file manager or attempted to manually upload each file
2. The php error log for any APTL related errors

Thanks Fillip H., I reinstalled everything and I was able to figure it all out and get it setup the way I wanted. Couple quick questions:

1) When I click the # of 'Likes' or 'Thanks' at the bottom of the post where I have it displayed, I see it pulls up the member's avatar and username. But for some of my staff who have custom user titles including a graphic, it's pulling that too and compressing it (image attached). How can I edit that code to have it only display username and avatar?

2) I set up a forum side block to show up to 5 'Thanks', 'Likes', etc... I use the ESB (Everywhere Side Bar) mod. I think I have it set up correctly in ESB and forum blocks but no sidebar block is showing. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any guidance on those two points.

Cheers,

John

Attachments

• dbthanks.png
    dbthanks.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
1) How can I edit that code to have it only display username and avatar?
Unfortunately this cannot be edited, sorry :(

2) I set up a forum side block to show up to 5 'Thanks', 'Likes', etc... I use the ESB (Everywhere Side Bar) mod. I think I have it set up correctly in ESB and forum blocks but no sidebar block is showing. Am I missing something?
We do not provide support for the ESB mod, the first step would be to disable that mod and see if it works on the regular forum sidebar. If it does not, then we'll debug that, before turning the ESB mod back on.

Hey,
Sorry - one last question. I have a member who is a bit of an odd guy - in the first day of having this mod active he went in and 'Liked' nearly 600 individual posts. I have no idea why, and I have spoken to him asking him to stop spamming via the 'Likes' system, but the bottom line is now my stats are dominated by this one member. I see where you can do maintainence, but it doesn't appear that you can 'zero out' totals for Thanks, Likes, etc... at least via the admincp options. Is there any other way to remove these Likes via a file somewhere or some other method?

You can delete individual entries via the Search feature in the AdminCP, but there's no mass delete option short of running direct database queries, sorry.

You can delete individual entries via the Search feature in the AdminCP, but there's no mass delete option short of running direct database queries, sorry.

Actually, in the 'Search' section, you can prune any/all member clicks (either by category or all of them) as long as you are just doing one member at a time. Just clarifying that for anyone who may read this.

Shows how long it's been since I coded that interface, haha :D

Thanks for the clarification :D

Hello jhj8864,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings