Question Is there any way possible to import my mailchimp mailing list into DB Mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chernabog

Customer
I was just curious if this were possible and if an email match existed between mailchimp list and forum list.. perhaps it just updated that members settings as if they had 'confirmed' via email?

Just a thought as I try to move from mailchimp to a totally site based, DBTech, solution.

Thanks!

You would need to manually insert them into the subscription table, there’s no import features in the mod just now.

You would need to manually insert them into the subscription table, there’s no import features in the mod just now.

Does that mean to manually input their email into the database? Would having emails in the mailing list add-on that are not attached to an actual website member cause any breaks - since it links to their account settings for even receiving the emails?

I mean, in all honesty, I could slowly deprecate Mailchimp and just tell people on that list to join our site and the mailing list from there.

That may be a better solution than trying to manhandle the database and email addresses in a way that the system is not meant (assuming not meant) to manage.

Would having emails in the mailing list add-on that are not attached to an actual website member cause any breaks - since it links to their account settings for even receiving the emails?
You cannot do this. If you look in the xf_dbtech_mail_subscription table, you'll see there is no email there, only user ID, mailing list ID and what state of subscription they are in.

Gotcha. I will just start encouraging people to come to the site and join so mailchimp can be sent out to pasture. :) Thanks!

Hello @chernabog,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Mail

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating