Question Help with actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpelon

Customer
Hi,
I'm getting completely lost trying to use actions; I was told that this product could help me control users and which usergroups they get assigned to upon registration, and that seems fine, but I can only understand how to do it for everybody that registers gets put into the same group. I need something that allows my users to select, more or less, from different usergroups. I was told that this can be doing using actions and instances, but I am not understanding how instances can help me with this when the conditions don't seem to fit what I want; I don't have "codes" or invite emails. I need users to be able to have a way to chose usergroup upon finding the site and registering on the site.... please help? This is the one and only reason I purchased this mod was for the usergroup part.

Also, when I did get the usergroup action to work in my test (my simple action that put all new registrants in one group), it has an error that although it put my test person into the right usergroup, it ignored the correct title that is associated with that usergroup, and just used "Junior Member" as their title. I had to physically put that test person into another usergroup and them put them back to the other usergroup for the title to appear correctly.

Thank you

Hi,
I'm getting completely lost trying to use actions; I was told that this product could help me control users and which usergroups they get assigned to upon registration, and that seems fine, but I can only understand how to do it for everybody that registers gets put into the same group. I need something that allows my users to select, more or less, from different usergroups. I was told that this can be doing using actions and instances, but I am not understanding how instances can help me with this when the conditions don't seem to fit what I want; I don't have "codes" or invite emails. I need users to be able to have a way to chose usergroup upon finding the site and registering on the site.... please help? This is the one and only reason I purchased this mod was for the usergroup part.
Respectfully, that is not what you asked us via our Contact Us form. You asked us for a way to control what usergroup members landed in when they registered, not to allow members to choose their own user group. These are two very separate things.

Under no circumstances did we claim that this product allows new registrants to choose their own usergroup, neither in the feature list nor the response to your email.

Also, when I did get the usergroup action to work in my test (my simple action that put all new registrants in one group), it has an error that although it put my test person into the right usergroup, it ignored the correct title that is associated with that usergroup, and just used "Junior Member" as their title. I had to physically put that test person into another usergroup and them put them back to the other usergroup for the title to appear correctly.
I'll look into that and post back when there's a fix available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Registration

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back