Legacy Form problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperweb

Customer
Hi.

How do I set specific form to a category?

Problem: When I make a categori for selling dogs, I dont want ex. Condition to be showed, but when I create category Dog accessories - I need the field on form that says: Condition.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just seen your message and I'm heading out shortly. I'll reply further when I get back in later this evening.

In short, you create Specifications that you then link to Categories. This can only be done after the Specification is created. You also need to add Options to each Specification. These too must be done after the creation of the Option.

Hope that helps for now.

Ok, so I need to globally de-activate "Condition" on "Manage forms" menu, and then re-create Condition as an specification/option to get it back on a specific category?

Question 2: How do I create an Specification with an text filed option (so users can type their own value)?

Last edited:
Ok, so I need to globally de-activate "Condition" on "Manage forms" menu, and then re-create Condition as an specification/option to get it back on a specific category?

Question 2: How do I create an Specification with an text filed option (so users can type their own value)?

Answering question 2, at the moment this isn't possible... version 2 will resolve that problem.

Regarding your first question, I've attached some pics:

Please note these are the sections in the ACP I'm referring to:
CategoriesSpecificationsOptions.png

In this image note that the specifications are linked to the categories. Edit each category and link specifications you want available within it (I think my initial comments last night weren't clear in this regard):
CategoriesSpecifications.png

Here you can see how the options are linked to the specifications.
SpecificationsOptions.png

This is a list of all the options available. You create them as you need:
Options.png

With all these, the system is designed to allow you to use specifications and options in many different combinations and for many different categories.

So to get what you want, you need to deactivate in the forms the conditions as you mentioned, and then attach the new condition specification to each category you want to use it.

I hope this helps. It was only when I reread it this morning I realized exactly what you were wanting. :)

Thanks for explaining :)

When is version 2 coming, cause I cant use it without multiple options (radio, text field, etc)?

Also, is it possible to create Options from a comma seperated list - cause I have specifications withh 200 options.
Takes forever to create one option at a time :)

Thanks for explaining :)

When is version 2 coming, cause I cant use it without multiple options (radio, text field, etc)?

We're working on it at the moment. :)

Also, is it possible to create Options from a comma seperated list - cause I have specifications withh 200 options.
Takes forever to create one option at a time :)

It's not possible at this time, but it might be something we can look into. :)

It's not possible at this time, but it might be something we can look into. :)

It would be great feature in version 2 :)

I will stick with Photopost Classifieds for now, until version 2 is released.

I have bought the Dragonbyte Classifieds, so looking forward to next version :)

It would be great feature in version 2 :)

I will stick with Photopost Classifieds for now, until version 2 is released.

I have bought the Dragonbyte Classifieds, so looking forward to next version :)

Thanks for your support. We have a lot going into Version 2, and I'm working on it as quickly as life will let me... Keep an eye out for news and updates. :)

Version 2 is in Closed Beta... which means a few weeks of getting major issues, then we'll have a more public one... and then we'll be in Release Candidates... I'm hoping we should be ready for the Open Beta at the latest in the new year. If you want to get some tests in and access to the Closed Beta, and you can help test out the new features. It's not something that could be installed on your live site yet, but if you have a test one... that would help. :)

We've got the custom fields already in and working... the others will follow... :)

Version 2 is in Closed Beta... which means a few weeks of getting major issues, then we'll have a more public one... and then we'll be in Release Candidates... I'm hoping we should be ready for the Open Beta at the latest in the new year. If you want to get some tests in and access to the Closed Beta, and you can help test out the new features. It's not something that could be installed on your live site yet, but if you have a test one... that would help. :)

We've got the custom fields already in and working... the others will follow... :)

That is great to hear :)

I would love to test it, but can I do it on my live forum, if I dont activate it for members before release candidate is ready?

I wouldn't advise it. It can't be partially activated, meaning that you can't leave it and Version 1 running at the same time. A test environment means that if I really screw something up (which I hope I won't :) ), then it won't damage the main site in a way that might not be recoverable.

Once we're at Release Candidate we can begin putting it on a live server with less worries. :)

I wouldn't advise it. It can't be partially activated, meaning that you can't leave it and Version 1 running at the same time. A test environment means that if I really screw something up (which I hope I won't :) ), then it won't damage the main site in a way that might not be recoverable.

Once we're at Release Candidate we can begin putting it on a live server with less worries. :)

Actually I could uninstall the first version, cause I dont use it, because I wait for V2 - would it then be ok you think?

Actually I could uninstall the first version, cause I dont use it, because I wait for V2 - would it then be ok you think?

I'm not gonna risk saying that you could run it on a server even if it's not live to the users. Once a couple of betas are put out with no major issues, then it might be worth risking it. I just wouldn't want something I've missed locking down your site unexpectedly... :D

If you have a test environment, I'll be very happy to bring you onboard. Or you can test directly on my test server. It's up to you. :)

I'm not gonna risk saying that you could run it on a server even if it's not live to the users. Once a couple of betas are put out with no major issues, then it might be worth risking it. I just wouldn't want something I've missed locking down your site unexpectedly... :D

If you have a test environment, I'll be very happy to bring you onboard. Or you can test directly on my test server. It's up to you. :)

Thats ok, i will wait for a couple af betas before installing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back