Bug Follow User

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagtpf

Customer
I, as Admin, am unable to Follow some Members. Is this a bug or missed setting? Admin/Mods/Super Mods are the only category of member I have set with "private" privileges.

The category of member I cannot follow are 1 Mod and 1 member ....

Error given is;
vBulletin Message
Sorry, this user cannot be followed.

Have you checked the user group permissions? In the code I'm seeing that there is a permissions check for whether someone can follow another user.

And then I discover only Staff can see and use this mod. There seems no settings that I can change other than who is allowed Private follows....
Have you checked the user group permissions? In the code I'm seeing that there is a permissions check for whether someone can follow another user.

I am now working through the list of usergroups, some are set automatically, others need to be changed manually.

Was this requirement in the 'readme file'? I didn't notice it. Sorry - I'll see what happens when I complete all the groups - there's quite a few of them.

All now working from my own point of view. I can follow members whom I was unable to yesterday. I'll see what others say.

Was this requirement in the 'readme file'?
I don't think so, generally speaking when installing a new mod there's probably going to be either new settings or new user group permissions (or both) - this goes for any mod on any forum software :)

More modern forum software like XF2 has the ability to set default permissions based on existing permissions. vBulletin does not have this capability, so all we can do is set defaults for the built-in user groups. Custom groups would still need to be changed manually.

I don't think so, generally speaking when installing a new mod there's probably going to be either new settings or new user group permissions (or both) - this goes for any mod on any forum software :)

More modern forum software like XF2 has the ability to set default permissions based on existing permissions. vBulletin does not have this capability, so all we can do is set defaults for the built-in user groups. Custom groups would still need to be changed manually.

Indeed. And yet 'member's wasn't set automatically.

But hopefully I've gotten there in the end...Some members are now acknowledging the option....fingers firmly crossed.

many thanks.

Although Follow User is now active and members are setting up their details, no one is receiving any notifications - PM or email. From what I can see everything is in place as per the readme file.

Any suggestion would be invaluable - Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Follow User

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back