Bug Error upon installing Mail 4.6.0b1

Status
Not open for further replies.

furnival

Customer
I got a database error which crashed my forum upon installing Mail 4.6.0b1. I had to disable all ad-ons to get back into the admin control panel and disable the DB Mail add-on. Unfortunately there are no errors in the PHP error log file so I don't have much to report. Has this been tested on a fresh XF 2.22 installation please? My site is now working again after disabling the add-on.

By the way, many thanks for bringing back the newsletter digest feature! It gives far superior topic results (i.e. more interesting threads are linked to in the digest newsletter) compared to the new inbuilt digest feature in XF and better than other competing add-ons I have tested.

There are no known issues with installing a fresh copy. Without an error message, I’m limited in what I can do to assist :(

Are you able to setup a fresh copy of XF and replicate the issue on a test sub domain?

I understand. It will be difficult for me to set up a test site during the next few days but if there are no more developments on this in the next few days I will try to do it next weekend. Thanks for the reply in any case.

Wait sorry @Fillip H. my mistake. I've actually got 1469 errors in my PHP log file from exactly the time when I tried to install the latest version of DB Mail. They all seem to be errors to do with templates and on the admin.php home page it says "There are manual rebuild jobs awaiting completion. Continue running them."
Does this give you any clues, please?

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewReports is not callable on the given object (XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1161
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 8, 2021 at 9:51 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/srv/users/serv...', 1161, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1161): trigger_error('Method canViewR...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(454): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\User), 'canViewReports', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1626): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(562): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#5 src/XF/App.php(2105): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

<div class="b...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage('

<div class="b...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error), 'html')
#8 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(23) "/forum/personal-advice/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

That has nothing to do with this add-on. It's likely you have a template modification to PAGE_CONTAINER that is causing an issue when addons are rebuilt.

Could this be a template modification from another add-on? Because the only changes I've made to the standard XF template are to change a few colours. Weird that this has never happened when installing other add-ons.

Hello @furnival,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @furnival,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Mail

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating