Bug Donate not obeying add to usergroup setting on manual confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

djvj

Customer
Most of my donations, I have to log into paypal and confirm the donation manually. When doing so, nothing ever gets sent back to my site as the donation is still unconfirmed. So I'm manually selecting the donation and accepting confirm and add to usergroup. Doing so, is setting the user to a invalid rank and trying to show images/ranks/contributor.png.

I don't even have that rank setup. When testing in a paypal sandbox, the donation went through automatically, auto-confirmation worked, and correctly "added the supporter usergroup". The live test didn't caused the above.

Afterwards, I went into the user's profile and only change I made was to manually add him to the supporter usergroup and it fixed everything. Removed the senior member and showed correct in his profile.

I tested a 2nd time and same thing occurred, so it is reproducible.

Attached is my add to usergroup settings, a after manually confirming image of the user and a bad rank being set to show no images below his title and finally the image of after me manually setting the correct usergroup that's supposed to be added to his profile with correct rank images.

Attachments

• after confirmation.JPG
    after confirmation.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
  • add to usergroup settings.JPG
    add to usergroup settings.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 9
  • after fix.JPG
    after fix.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
If you take the time and read what each one does in the screenshot you have there you will see what you done wrong

I checked again and everything is set correctly. The member's original group is RocketLauncher Member, which should not be checked in the settings as that prevents him from being moved. The usergroups I have checked are all groups that I don't want to ever show that rank. So can you please mention what setting you think I have wrong? 99% of the members exist in the usergroups Registered and RocketLauncher Member which are the ones that will typically get the Supporter rank added.

I tried changing the title from Donater and RocketLauncher Supporter (the rank name) and neither have any effect.

vbDonate is changing the users rank to to Contributor, which I want I don't want. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
untick your Supporter in Usergroups Not Allowed To Add Groups this is the way I have it and it works

Force, first thanks for your help. The screenshot I have above shows it is not ticked for that setting, which is how it still is.

Are you using the default contributor rank and/or group? As this is what I believe the issue is, not using the default.

Last edited:
Was sure you had that ticked above best to allow a dev to login to check all your settings

I'll need to dig into this code, as I was not the original developer who wrote it. In the meantime, can you test if what Force says does work? i.e. unchecking the don't change usergroups?

If that does temporarily solve your problem, then it'll point me in one direction, if not, in another. :)

Hi Mokonzi,

What Force suggested was already as he suggested. The settings are to not change groups, which the only group the person I was testing with was a standard member. That group was never checked in those settings. Keep in mind, it is changing the test user's group, just not setting it correctly. It's assigning the wrong group/rank entirely.

An update to this. Attached is a screenshot in the postbit settings section for vbDonate. It has some settings there for rank.

I changed the Award Image name to Supporter.gif and it does correctly add that rank image now to the user upon confirmation. What's odd is that I have Enable Awards set to no, so didn't think the image name would apply.

At the bottom of the screenshot, you can see I have User ranks enabled and the correct path to the gif, yet that never worked. So something seems mixed up here, could be in the conditionals, but I have not looked.

Regardless of all this, it still is not adding the user to the supporter group, but did add the rank image associated to it. So this is looking like a 2-part bug here.

Attachments

• donate_rank.JPG
    donate_rank.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 2
Someone needs to go over all your settings as I have this set up already and working if you want me to take a look I will if you dont I am happy giving you temp admin on my site so you can go over the settings to see what part is different to your settings

I can have a look in your admin settings if you want. Something seems strange. I'm not ruling out a bug, but it might be a settings mismatch that's creating the problem. The suggestion Force previously made was to remove all the don't promote options. Often in the DBTech mods we set it so that when non are selected at all, we apply to all, or skip that check, depending on what it's purpose is for. From memory that is what is the case in vBDonate. If I can check your settings, I can compare with what I think should be happening.

To do so, you'd need to PM me access and have an admin account setup which gives me access to vBDonate features. :)

Hello djvj,

This ticket has now been closed with the status No Response.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDonate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings