Bug Charge Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisXtc

Customer
Hi, this is a great feature but I can't seem to make it work. I have some users who are able to access the information without paying via credits and I have other users who are referred to the administrator when they try to pay for the information though they have plenty of credits to use. Please advise, thanks.

This likely means you have not set up a Content event:
1592171114329.png

For the main event config, you should ideally set Flat Rate, Random Addition and Taxation to 0.

It's definitely set up and on. Still get the following error.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Sorry, you could not be charged for this content. Please contact the administrator.

To be clear, the charge code should say the following?

bracketCHARGE=Amountbracket information bracket/CHARGEbracket

The add-on isn't installed here so you can type it out, if needed using backticks:
[CHARGE=5]Test[/CHARGE]

1. Are you sure the Content event is configured for the same currency you chose in the XenForo options?
2. Did you configure the "Applicable user groups" to use specific user groups? That doesn't control who can use the CHARGE BBCode, it controls who can purchase the charged content.
3. Did you configure the "Forums" multi-select to apply to only certain forums?

1) Only one currency on the board and it does show in the currency drop down.
2) Applicable user groups is set to all user groups.
3) Forums is set to (All).

Content restriction set to Only their own post.
There's no tax but it is set to sending user. Should this be set to both? Like I said, no tax.

Content restriction set to Only their own post.
This is the problem. What this means if that only the person who posted the post can purchase it, which doesn't work because the post owner can always see their own content regardless.

The reason why that setting shows up even though some of the options causes such a conflict is because it's a standard setting for events of a similar type to the Content event - the settings aren't 100% uniquely defined for each possible event type. Hopefully that makes sense :)

This is the problem. What this means if that only the person who posted the post can purchase it, which doesn't work because the post owner can always see their own content regardless.

The reason why that setting shows up even though some of the options causes such a conflict is because it's a standard setting for events of a similar type to the Content event - the settings aren't 100% uniquely defined for each possible event type. Hopefully that makes sense :)

Excellent, that did the trick. Thank you.

Hey, just feedback. This charge feature is a big reason I purchased your software. I run an autograph website and the ability to "charge" my users with site currency for information is very handy. It promotes activity and I think it will be a very important feature for me as my site grows. I hope you keep that in mind whenever doing future revisions or improvements. Thank you!

Hello @ChrisXtc,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @ChrisXtc,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating