Bug Can't Drag/Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Customer
To configure the tabs I'm given a few instructions. First of all I made a smilie tab and I selected all the necessary usergroups. I was returned to the config page where I see all of my smilies. It says I cannot drag anything to the favourites tab. Okay. But I can't drag anything to my smilies tab I created either.

After thinking this might be a Chrome problem, I tried using Firefox but I have the same problem. I'm having trouble understanding what it means when it says "Drag and Drop Smilies from UNASSIGNED area into the desired TAB on the right." Unassigned? Please explain.

I'll need an FTP and AdminCP account in order to look into this further, can you please PM me with this info?

Thanks!

This was a rather easy fix as it turns out; jQuery was being loaded over HTTP which fails browsers' security checks on HTTPS sites. I've edited your files and confirmed it working, let me know if this occurs anywhere else in the mod as well :)

Wow, thanks man. Seems this will solve other problems too. I was getting frustrated over sometimes receiving "Not secure" in a couple of browsers despite having a valid certificate, so maybe you've also fixed that! I appreciate it.

If that happens on any other page, and it’s not the thread page with external images, then it’s unlikely to be fixed at the same time.

That being said, you can search templates for http:// and see if any other Addons do the same thing :)

Okay, cheers. Well, a couple of things. First of all I don't see any tabs under the reply box. I checked that all my tabs are active, that it is enabled in the options and for any permissions needed in usergroups. No idea why this is.

Secondly, the tab editor is rather buggy. I had to do all of the tabs in one go. This isn't a huge deal, but when I tried to edit my tabs individually the order kept screwing up when I returned to the editor. So I had to create all the tabs first and then add them all. Just thought I'd mention that. I think it's all okay now, aside from the fact I don't see the tabs.

I’ll post back when I have more information or if I need additional information, bumping your thread does not expedite the process :)

This was actually due to the ' character in the :cool: smilie. I've replaced that character and the tabs now sprung to life :)

Thank you. Out of all the things too. Maybe you should add the punctuation details to a readme or something. Do you know what I should edit to change the colour of its background so I can match it to my theme?

Edit: Also, unfortunately there is another problem. It's displaying weirdly in advanced reply mode.

7M09OZj.png

Could you suggest the best fix for this?

Edit 2: I added a couple of 'Jim' smilies to my favourites, but now the tab has disappeared entirely from the tab listing (on the reply box I mean, not ACP) and I can confirm that his tab is enabled in the ACP. In fact, none of his smilies appear at the left in the ACP smiley config anymore. However, the Jim smilies I did add to my favourites are still in my favourites. This is bizarre and maybe you can reproduce it.

Last edited:
Could you suggest the best fix for this?
I've edited the XML in the v1.1.2 download to add a clear:both; to the tab container CSS which should fix this.

Edit 2: I added a couple of 'Jim' smilies to my favourites, but now the tab has disappeared entirely from the tab listing (on the reply box I mean, not ACP) and I can confirm that his tab is enabled in the ACP.
The tab is empty in the AdminCP, so it makes sense that it doesn't display in the front-end.

It wasn't empty. There are now no smilies at the left that I can drag into this now-empty tab in the ACP. I've gotta be brutally honest: compared to all your other products that I've purchased, this one is a buggy mess that doesn't meet your usual standards. Great idea but poorly executed, and overall a very disappointing experience.

The original developer of this mod has since left the company, around 4 years ago. Since it’s not an expensive product or widely used product, there hasn’t really been an incentive to rework the product as that would take a significant amount of time (not to mention the fact that development for vB is painful compared to XF2).

I’ll add the equivalent of the purchase price in store credit that can be used towards future purchases, without removing the license.

I'll probably stop using the mod altogether as it's just been problematic and confusing for my members. (Even the code feature does not work at all.) I appreciate the store credit. (Probably the best way to handle this.)

Hello @Mantis,

We hope your ticket regarding vBEditorTabs has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBEditorTabs

vBulletin 4.1.4+ vBulletin 4.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating