Bug Can't add attached images in to the full product description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinball

Customer
I've just upgraded to 2.3.0 and when editing a product,
(at https://www.m2n.co.uk/community/dbtech-ecommerce/contact-us-essentials.12/edit)
after adding a new image attachment, I have the proper Insert... Thumbnail and Full image options, but when I position the cursor at the correct location in the product full description and click either the Thumbnail or Full image buttons, nothing happens.
If I then save the product and re-edit, I do not have the Insert... button on the image.

There are no console errors when loading the page or clicking the Insert... or Thumbnail/Full image buttons.

I'm using the default style in Xenforo 2.2.3 running PHP 7.3.21 and MySQL 10.1.48 (10.1.48-MariaDB-1~bionic)

Feels like attachment processing is broken for products.

Last edited:
This is working as intended. The "Product Images" are not intended to be used as attachments the same way you might attach images to a post, so the real bug here is that the "Insert" text is shown when you first add the attachment.

The reason for this is the fact that there are multiple editor fields when editing a product, and it would be impossible to allow the "Insert" buttons to function in all of those fields. Therefore, to avoid confusion, there is no link between the "Product images" uploads and the description fields.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, Fillip. I understand what you are saying, but there is really only one field which really needs the product images including, and that's the main description. Why not put the Attach button under that and allow inclusion? Then it would mirror how products are presented in the description on Xenforo. Otherwise, I may as well post the pretty description on Xenforo and make my eCommerce store description a simple link to that.

Conversely, if you don't insert the images in the post in XenForo, its presentation will mirror eCommerce :p

That being said, you could try using the ATTACH BBCode manually, f.ex. [ATTACH]7699[/ATTACH] - I'm not sure if it will work, though.

Conversely, if you don't insert the images in the post in XenForo, its presentation will mirror eCommerce :p

That being said, you could try using the ATTACH BBCode manually, f.ex. [ATTACH]7699[/ATTACH] - I'm not sure if it will work, though.
Actually if you use the attachment ID by looking at the URL of the attached image, yes, that works. Both
Code:
[attach] and [attach=full]
Thanks

Hello @Spinball,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @Spinball,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating