Bug Branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by reporting this, but...

I went to install your Tweet Poster add-on and noted the branding it adds on the page footer. I was contemplating a purchase of the branding free option, when I clicked on the Details link and noted that the Favicons product was also listed.

I've had this add-on installed for a while with no branding (and I haven't done anything to manually remove this), but sure enough according to the product page, branding should be added - but if I disable the Tweet Poster add-on the branding is removed 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it for a future version. Can't make an update simply for this, no-one would install the update 🤣

..or as there's a rival product with no branding
And many fewer features, you forgot to add that :) The way that addon is coded makes it virtually impossible to add options for disabling Favicons in signatures, toggle whether to include internal links, disable in "structured text", disable in conversations, and choosing the icon location (before or after the link).

If someone were to request a new area to optionally disable Favicons in, I would most likely be able to add it, because XF2's BBCode parsing allows you to specify a "key". Signatures have something like user:signature, etc. Assuming whatever action is parsing BBCode has specified such a key, it would be the easiest thing in the world to add more toggles.

This is also how I can create a proper update, by simply scanning the whole of XF for every such key and adding them as options.

All of the above is (without extremely complex CSS rules) impossible with the product you linked to, because it uses a very simple catch-all JavaScript method to detect all a tags. This mod's feature set is possible because it uses PHP to determine whether any given [URL] tag should load a favicon.

If the added features, as well as the ability to quickly add more options, is not worth the inclusion of the copyright footer to some, then as you say they do have an alternative.

That being said, the best approach would probably be to hot fix v1.0.0 before considering making an update.

I apologise for any offence caused, it wasn't intended. It was more of a throwaway comment in jest.. :)

I haven't looked into the differences in any detail because I went with your product as a trusted brand, but it's useful to know.

It was just a surprise when I was factoring in the cost of branding free for one add-on, and then identified I'd need it for two add-ons should I opt to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Favicons

XenForo 2.0.4+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back