Approved Add option to limit the amount of times a product can be purchased

Forsaken

Customer
How about an option to restrict how many times a product can be purchased, similar to the exclusive product option on DBTech Shop? There are certain services we only provide once for example per person. Or would it be possible to do this in a custom product of our own?

Just copying and pasting the request from the XenForo forum.

Upvote 1
Hello,

Is it or would it be possible to have a flag on a product that would allow someone to be unable to purchase the same product twice, I see that you made a response to a ticket that was posted about this same question, but not all stores will operate specifically in your case and while this addon seems perfect, this is the only issue I can see with it.

Allowing my users to purchase multiple digital services for the same service is confusing and a severe problem and could literally be mitigated with a simple toggle option and querying if the user has already an active service.

Thanks

Hello,

Would it be possible to add an option when creating a product so that a user can purchase a product only once?
This would be a fairly important option for free products because I find users with 10 or 20 times the same product because they are a bit stupid and do not know how to use a "Your licenses" page which pushes them to take back the product unnecessarily. It would also avoid filling the database for nothing.

I also see that there are other threads that are talking more or less of the same thing:

I would love to see this, also over on the Dragon Byte Shop too, just to stop one user hoarding a ton of freebies, or buying up all of the limited stock, without restricting them to 1

Back