Status
Not open for further replies.

DevinM

Customer
I am getting ready to purchase a few different pieces of software (activity, shop, thanks and tabs once released). I currently have vbookie running and m happy with it, does the shop tie into it? I mean if users are betting on sports events and win vcash or whatever the vbookie default is can they spend that in the store?

I also have ibproarcade installed, can I create "buy arcade access" in the shop?

Lastly I HATE the functionality of the point market shop on vbulletin.org but the one thing it does have is a nice graphical interface, is there anyway to customize that? As in when users click "shop" or whatever the link is and they are brought to the store front.....is there anyway to dress that up a little?

I am getting ready to purchase a few different pieces of software (activity, shop, thanks and tabs once released). I currently have vbookie running and m happy with it, does the shop tie into it? I mean if users are betting on sports events and win vcash or whatever the vbookie default is can they spend that in the store?
Yeah, vBShop supports reconfiguring of its currency field to match vBookie.

I also have ibproarcade installed, can I create "buy arcade access" in the shop?
If that is an usergroup permission then yeah, you can :)

Great! I think I edited it while you were responding (you guys are quick!) anything on that last bit about the shop?

We will in fact dress up the shop in the next version :)

Feel free to suggest layout changes - thus far I've only actually gotten as far as "need a new layout" - not really got any idea of HOW it should look xD

I think part of the appeal (regardless of how poorly it actually functions) is that users see something thats bright and shiny and colorful and they want it. The Point Market system has a great graphical layout, however its put together horribly function wise. A few category icons, maybe organizationally some blocks....etc.

Same with vbexperience, I find tons of errors but I can say that it has a nice layout. Same thing really, that first screen is a bit bland.

Ill be honest at vb.org its what made me initially choose them over you guys. You guys probably have a far better functioning mod but visually the others are more appealing. All that said a few tweaks and it wouldnt even be a competition. I am very anxious to see how some of this develops.

Last edited:
It's hard to come up with a good splash screen when you're not entirely sure what the users want to see though. We could try experimenting with a composite of information though... A little bit of info from each screen with a View More link perhaps.

of course. I mean I dont think it has to be anything to extensive, have you seen the vbexperience layout for the "home" screen? Its nothing to dramatic. Same with the shop really. I mean with the shop I think if I remember right it had a like a top spenders box/banner, the category icons were nice, and with vbexperience it wasnt much more. I think they had the latest achievements/awards feed, the users achievments....I cant remember I can try and post a screenshot if need be.

I mean I think your product is miles better, and of course its just my opinion.....I just think you guys would do even better with that detail.

We will in fact dress up the shop in the next version :)

Feel free to suggest layout changes - thus far I've only actually gotten as far as "need a new layout" - not really got any idea of HOW it should look xD

I suggest looking at the IPB mod IBEconomy. It has a nice layout.

Any word on this I mean I know its not a high priority but Ive become quite a fan of your products here and would love to see something happen. I have been mentioning you guys to some friends and plan on implementing the vbactivity software as well. Great work!

vBShop hasn't received an update yet, at the moment we're looking to implement a new service, then possibly update PBTabs with a feature we didn't have a chance to add for the release version, and then update vBShop :)

Even if we don't reply to each suggestion individually, we do take each and every one of them into account and it really helps us a lot, so thanks :)

vBShop hasn't received an update yet, at the moment we're looking to implement a new service, then possibly update PBTabs with a feature we didn't have a chance to add for the release version, and then update vBShop :)

Even if we don't reply to each suggestion individually, we do take each and every one of them into account and it really helps us a lot, so thanks :)

Fillips reply makes it sound like it'll be forever xD - We should be starting on the vBShop update within the next week or two ^.^

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings