Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Angelo

Customer
Ok first impressions of this mod was "OMG wow finally they made it!" having played around with it on DB-Tech i have to say i like how it works, however my personal opinion of the layouts and the way things do stuff is hiddeous. the hover over on items is such an eye sore and covers up other items, the way items are laid out are pretty lame.

my suggestions are as follows *takes a BIG breath*

1. If the user has purchased a MALE/FEMALE base then the clothes items associated with the other gender should NOT be made visible. I think this mod would be better having a once off initial set-up for an avatar for example:

User edits avatar for first time and can select Either Male or female base, set of eyes,mouth and nose and hair then once this is saved they can not edit their gender/base unless they purchase an item witch alters their gender.

2. The preview and current avatar grid is pointless and should be scrapped, i think that you should have the avatar on the left with all the options from the inventory to the right and when you click on an inventory item it changes the avatar to the left to show the new item in place, Once your happy with your avatar you save changes as normal (maybe an option to auto save any items clicked on from inventory and remove the save button altogether). There should also be a button to "remove all" clothes which could be admin set to just remove all clothing (not eyes/hair/mouth/nose) I also think the "Equip" button should be removed and have it so that clicking the item would equip it anyway as lots of equipt buttons looks messy, also removing the items name too might also look better or having the items name as a rollover/hover.

3. Option in shop to "Sell" back items purchased at a lower price than they purchased for, example i buy a jacket costing 50 points, i could sell back that jacket for 25 points.

4. Instead of having a massive list of items in the tabs bit when purchasing items i think it would be better if you had a scrolling BAR underneith the tabs so it took up less room (i'll post a photoshop edit of what i'm trying to say a little later) and all the prices should be listed underneith the items thumbnail. I recomend removing the horribe hover as it just seems pointless, unless you can make it hover and show you a preview of what it would look like on your current avatar).

5. Dunno if this is an option already but allow admins to create multiple shops so that they can add rarer items to different shops or add gender specific items to certain shops. or maybe just to have shops sell the same items at different prices, admins can choose to add backgrounds, shopkeeper image and welcome text for each shop to make them more unique.

6. More of an additions feature for later on but allow members to sell their own clothes they have in their inventory, a user could purchase a shop for a set ammount which would hold a set ammount of items a user can put for sale, and a user could then purchase additional shop space for increased amounts per upgrade, Example: innitial shop is set by admins to house 5 items for 200points, you can upgrade your shop by an admin set ammount of 2 spaces per upgrade with an starting price of 100 points for first upgrade and an admin set percentage for additional ones, so for the first upgrade you'd spend 100 points for 2 spaces, then next upgrade would cost 10% more so 110 for another 2, 121 for another 2 etc etc.

Users could also have the option to purchase backgrounds for their shops and shopkeepers (think Neopets) maybe have a welcome message for people browsing their shops

7. Trading post so users can trade items with each other, allow up to ten items to be put up for trade and a user can offer up to 10 items for that trade, the user can either accept/decline offer. maybe add an addition option to offer points too for instance i want to trade my suit and someone doesn't have the items i want but wants to offer me just money instead, they can. each trade created will last a defined ammount of time set by users up to a maximum set by admins as to not clog up servers (for example trades last for 7 days max). Admins can also define maximum number of trades a user can have at any one time (maybe 3 default).

8. Users can have the option to save certain sets they make for quick outfit changes, for example a user loves a set they've used using different clothes pieces and they want to show it off later, they can store their costum in a favourites bit underneith inventory to quickly change into their favourite sets, maybe admins can limit how many favourites they can have and maybe there could be an option to buy additional favourite slots. Maybe call the favourites bit "Wardrobe" or "Outfits" so users can click and change into whatever was saved with that set, a mini thumbnail of what the set looks like would also be saved for that user. as shown in my screenie, as i mentioned above about removing the SAVE button maybe replace it with a "Save outfit" button which would save the current selected items to your favourite/wardrobe bit.

More suggestions to come soon :D

layout.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As a note for the future, we generally prefer to have separate suggestions in separate threads, because if we choose to implement only one of your suggestions in the Gold version (for instance), this thread will be marked as Implemented, and the rest of your suggestions will be lost in the mists of time :)

Keep that in mind if you choose to keep adding to this thread instead of splitting it up into multiple threads :)

i figured i'd slap them all in this one since it would look messy having me post 7 different threads for 7 different features but if you prefer it that way then i will do so in future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back